New from Seattle!

Seattlepaul1975

Hello everyone!
I have not pulled the trigger yet, but am itching for it! In process of buying a new house and close in a month so do not want to move the RT-700 so will be pulling the trigger after we move! Enjoying all the videos, and reading over posts. Also have to say the customer service is fantastic! I had sent an email in asking some questions on a Saturday AM and couple hours later, Jacob called to answer them. Talk about service!

One question I did have for people and hard to tell in some of your pics....how close/far do you keep the units from house or from under a patio? Thinking of when I run a long cook and not home what I do.

Can't wait to join the family!

Welcome Paul,

I keep my smoker on the back of my screen porch furthest from the house. Not for heat just because it's where I have the most room. I have no worries about leaving it unattended. I'll add that I also leave my Kamado Joe when doing low and slow as well.

Butted up against a wall to the point the hopper lid leans against the wall when opened. I keep mine plugged in all the time and covered when not in use.

No worries if thats the concern. There isnt enough heat coming off, no open flame, sparking or flying embers to worry about.

So anywhere on this patio no one thinks is issue?

Attachments

• 1297649_12_5.jpg
    1297649_12_5.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 59
Ahh nice, what you take that from better homes and gardens? ;) And no, no issue but something i would keep in mind. Figure out a way that fits your decor to have a matt or something that it sits on or in front. At first you will be critical and careful when you cook and clean. But over time and as goodness builds up, things will drip and those drips can be a pain to clean.

Ahh nice, what you take that from better homes and gardens? ;) And no, no issue but something i would keep in mind. Figure out a way that fits your decor to have a matt or something that it sits on or in front. At first you will be critical and careful when you cook and clean. But over time and as goodness builds up, things will drip and those drips can be a pain to clean.
That is the online pic of it so it looks all pretty with the staging. Yeah I will have to ask the boss I mean wife on the exact location of course. :)Thanks for the suggestion on the matt!

Just to add a bit I'll start with a question. How OCD are you...………...or maybe I should ask that about "the boss"? ;)

As mentioned, heat isn't an issue. For example, unless you're at higher heat, say 400+, the metal handles attached directly to the lid can be touched with your bare hands...….....at the point end of the horn. At the base of the horn, all bets are off. So radiant heat is nominal. However, smoke might be more of an issue. I store mine next to the house (a wall of window glass), but for cooks I roll it out to the edge of the patio covered area. Breeze direction might push some smoke toward the wall, but it's generally minimal. These have wheels on them for a reason, so I choose to take advantage of them.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback......I am excited to get my own RT700 and start some cooks and report back in...until that time I shall watch and comment if I can...else I shall be learning and reading.

You’ll figure it out, best to see which way the wind blows, i have my Bull up against the house with the smoker box kind of outside the patio, so the wind blows it right on out, with an occasional shift. But all in all no worries

Attachments

• 19DF24EE-D002-4CD4-9024-9C3C309101EF.jpeg
    19DF24EE-D002-4CD4-9024-9C3C309101EF.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 68

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back