New from Moscow Idaho

KirkP

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi everyone. Just received my new Stampede yesterday - awesome grill. Had an older Traeger for about 15 years and "upgraded" to their new pro 575 about a month ago. Had all sorts of problems (like seemingly everyone else on the internet) with temperature inaccuracies - when the controller says 450 the grill was actually at 375. I also found that unlike years past, Traeger support is now truly terrible. Someone on the Traeger owners forum mentioned RecTec and I'm sure glad they did. Hard to believe this Stampede is only about $100 more than the 575. All the stainless is fantastic, bigger hopper, and accurate temperature control. Oh, and it looks awesome to boot. Looking forward to my first cook today.

We've talked about this a tad in the past, Traeger seems content (for now) to sit on their laurels for the most part. Young upstarts like RT are anxious to please and gain market share, so they bend over backward to please. Sort of a marketing 101 case study...…...

We've talked about this a tad in the past, Traeger seems content (for now) to sit on their laurels for the most part. Young upstarts like RT are anxious to please and gain market share, so they bend over backward to please. Sort of a marketing 101 case study...…...
We'll see how long Traeger can keep this up. Right now they seem to be flooding HomeDepot and Ace Hardware with their new grills. Lots are going out the door but there are a lot of unhappy folks online. The RT is such an obviously superior product, hopefully the word will get out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back