Just Ordered

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I've been smoking for almost 30 years, never with a pellet grill. I ordered a Weber EX6 in Nov. Delivered last week. After reading the reviews and watching the problems on-line, it went back, unopened. I ordered the RT 700 and some accessories yesterday and could already tell that the grill will be something special. Their customer service already seems great. Looking forward to trying something new and being a part of the RECTEC forum

I've been smoking for almost 30 years, never with a pellet grill. I ordered a Weber EX6 in Nov. Delivered last week. After reading the reviews and watching the problems on-line, it went back, unopened. I ordered the RT 700 and some accessories yesterday and could already tell that the grill will be something special. Their customer service already seems great. Looking forward to trying something new and being a part of the RECTEC forum
I have a similar story. I did want the SmokeFire badly but after so many issues with it felt compelled to send it back. I too found the Bull. I will get mine next Monday or Tuesday. Welcome!

The ability to sear and smoke in one relatively affordable pit from a high quality manufacturer with a huge market presence was certainly attractive, it's no mystery why it was so highly anticipated. Very disappointing.

My RT-590 will sear OK with Grill Grates. It's not ideal, but it's been good enough for my use.

Don't know how long it will take to ship but i'm ready!
Well, for out here on the Left Coast, I just received the call that I will get a delivery on a week from tomorrow. So I ordered on a Friday... all the next week... and then three days of the next... in fairness they said 8 to 9 working days and it is being delivered on day 9. From Georgia to California. It is worth the wait I am sure!

Well, for out here on the Left Coast, I just received the call that I will get a delivery on a week from tomorrow. So I ordered on a Friday... all the next week... and then three days of the next... in fairness they said 8 to 9 working days and it is being delivered on day 9. From Georgia to California. It is worth the wait I am sure!
Looks like mine will be in my area on Friday (3 days from order) but then it goes to a freight carrier. Maybe for Sat or Monday? Any issue with the WiFi set up. I separated my 5 and 2.4? speeds on my modem.

Looks like mine will be in my area on Friday (3 days from order) but then it goes to a freight carrier. Maybe for Sat or Monday? Any issue with the WiFi set up. I separated my 5 and 2.4? speeds on my modem.
I heard that most of the units are optimized for the 2.4 because it travels a longer distance... but I am not an electronics guy. I had heard others say that 2.4 is the only way most any of these units work. So having the specific 2.4 sounds like it gives you the best hookup without issues. On delivery I think they only count weekdays as working days. Dang it!

They all use only the 2.4 GHz band. You'll want to make sure your 5 GHz either had a different name or is temporarily disabled when you connect the Rec-Tec. If both the 2.4 and 5 have the same name and are active when you connect, there's a chance it'll try connecting using the 5 - which won't work.

Yes, I wonder if Rec Tec saw a good order increase after Weber flubbed. I am a Weber fan but got introduced to Rec Tec while researching the Smokefire. When I saw the issues I decided to go with a 590.
I ordered on Saturday the 22nd and have not received any updates on shipping. I called today and spoke to a Rec Tec rep to ask how I might track my order. I got a pretty blasé “it’s in our warehouse waiting to be picked up.” No other info or offering of what to expect. I kept reading about the great customer service and was a bit disappointed. Hope this isn’t a sign of things to come! Anyway, looking forward to the 590 when it arrives - whenever that might be.

I have a similar story. I did want the SmokeFire badly but after so many issues with it felt compelled to send it back. I too found the Bull. I will get mine next Monday or Tuesday. Welcome!
My 700 arrived. Wow. I knew it was going to be good just from the way it was packed. I assembled it and did my first smoke yesterday. It's heavy duty. Very impressed with the smoker. I had some difficulty hooking up to wii but turned off 5 ghz and it connected. Worked great from my phone. Now that I am connected, can I turn my 5 ghz back on? Also, any thoughts with running a vpn?

I think it only works on the 2.4ghz.
I have a VPN it's not on 100% I'm not sure it affects RecTec connection or not. My guess is no. When I originally set mine up the only difference was having to have GPS location on. After setup I never needed it again.

My 700 arrived. Wow. I knew it was going to be good just from the way it was packed. I assembled it and did my first smoke yesterday. It's heavy duty. Very impressed with the smoker. I had some difficulty hooking up to wii but turned off 5 ghz and it connected. Worked great from my phone. Now that I am connected, can I turn my 5 ghz back on? Also, any thoughts with running a vpn?
You posted the same question in 2 threads - see my response on the other one.

I think it only works on the 2.4ghz.
I have a VPN it's not on 100% I'm not sure it affects RecTec connection or not. My guess is no. When I originally set mine up the only difference was having to have GPS location on. After setup I never needed it again.
Thanks
You posted the same question in 2 threads - see my response on the other one.
sorry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back