Hello from NC!

HuskyChuck

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hey y'all, Long time griller/smoker. Up until recently I was using a pair of Weber Kettles, one for grilling, one for smoking; and an old side smoker for the rare large cook. But I just don't have the time anymore. I don't have the time after I get home from work, to wait for the coals to be ready and the grill to come to temp. I don't have the free time on the weekends to fiddle with a kettles vent, fighting to keep temps in the desired range. As a result, I fired up the grill(s) once last season, when previously, I was a 2-3 times a week, year round griller. With the season coming, I started thinking about grilling. I considered gas, but I hate gas. So I finally decided to take a long hard look at pellet grills. After a ton of research, they looked to be the answer to a lot of my problems. Convenience like gas, flavor like wood. I eventually decided on a Rec Tec Stampede, and pulled the trigger on my order yesterday, and I can't wait til it gets here. First pellet grill, and I'll probably mostly be a lurker here for a while, as I absorb as much know-how as I can. But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how some of my recipes turn out in a pellet grill, and getting back to eating grilled/smoked foods on a regular basis!

Glad to have you...welcome from South Carolina!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadefarm
Back