Bull Grill lid gaskets

2bridgetiger

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Have any of y’all had any success with placing a gasket on the lid? I like to keep my stuff clean!! Emailed Recteq and they said the don’t recommend gaskets due to temperature issues once gasket is installed. I placed some Oklahoma grill gasket on my lid and it stopped the leaking lid. Please tell me y’all’s thoughts! Thanks in advance!!!

I put black 1/2" Fireblack on the lid of my RT-700 & the door of my smoker box. Smoke now only comes out of the stack & the grease drip chute. It keeps the outside of the grill MUCH cleaner & has had no bearing on the grill's function, as far as I can tell. Also, you don't even notice that the gasket is there. Seems very durable, as well.
edit: the actual product is Fireblack 1/2"X 1/8" in the 15' length.

Last edited:
I put black 1/2" Fireblack on the lid of my RT-700 & the door of my smoker box. Smoke now only comes out of the stack & the grease drip chute. It keeps the outside of the grill MUCH cleaner & has had no bearing on the grill's function, as far as I can tell. Also, you don't even notice that the gasket is there. Seems very durable, as well.
edit: the actual product is Fireblack 1/2"X 1/8" in the 15' length.
Thank you!! For the info!!!! I’m going to leave it in and see how it works out!

I went with fireblack same company
But it’s going to turn black so I like the cleaner look.
I used the 7/8” wide 1/8” on the left and right
And 7/8” wide 1/4” top and bottom
I have 0 smoke leak
The wide is nice, it give a little room for errors.
Fireblack 220
Fireblack 125

Just an fyi, I used Lavalock all around the lid on my 340. A year later the paint started to peel on the outside of the lid, lower edge. May or may not have anything to do with the gasket but I had to remove it to repaint the lid. I only use the grill for low and slow.

I'm going to skip the gasket this time and see what happens.

I used Lavalock on my Traeger, but I am not going to seal the lid on the RT at this time.

Stopped mine from doing this

Attachments

• 20200204_134836.jpg
    20200204_134836.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 122

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back