Greetings from South Florida

Jay Nelson

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Cooking with the RT-700 for about one week and love it! I've been a die-hard Weber Smokey Mountain and Weber Kettle user for years so making the switch to pellets was difficult. So far my experience has been great. The family loves the food and I love the convenience of it. I will be cooking steaks this weekend and I'm curious to see how the searing plates work compared to charcoal.

Cooking with the RT-700 for about one week and love it! I've been a die-hard Weber Smokey Mountain and Weber Kettle user for years so making the switch to pellets was difficult. So far my experience has been great. The family loves the food and I love the convenience of it. I will be cooking steaks this weekend and I'm curious to see how the searing plates work compared to charcoal.
Glad to hear. I bought the searing grates with my Bull. I will get mine Wednesday. So please share your results. God bless. As much as I like pellet stoves, my little Weber Kettle 18 still gets a good share of use. (I had a Traeger before)

My situation is almost exactly the same, although I did have a little detour with the WSF. Get my Bull on Tuesday, so interested in hearing your thoughts more specifically related to how it does as a grill coming from a kettle user.

Smoke Meister - I also had a detour with the WSF but sent it back while intransit, Received the Bull LateThursday. Got it up and running Friday night - Amazing cooker. I have never owned a pellet grill mostly Weber Kettler and Weber gasser, I look forward to learning from the Rec Tec experts! Enjoy

I got the RT-700 more for convenience and easier clean up than actually thinking it would do as good a job as my WSM's. So far it has done everything I needed it to do including a decent job of searing with the sear plates. From what I've seen so far, It might actually be replacing my two WSM's. The kettles will never leave my yard...

I got the RT-700 more for convenience and easier clean up than actually thinking it would do as good a job as my WSM's. So far it has done everything I needed it to do including a decent job of searing with the sear plates. From what I've seen so far, It might actually be replacing my two WSM's. The kettles will never leave my yard...
Yes Jay, As much as I have loved my Traeger over the years (new Bull arrived yesterday) There will never be a replacement for my two Weber Kettle 18's. Sometimes my wife and I just want to have some charcoal! Glad to know you here.

Welcome,
I have owned kettles, cheap electric, lp, green egg and high end electric smokers....
Only had my unit for 3 weeks, but loving it!
Best Greg
I am doing low carb and you are always talking about PIZZA! Troublemaker!

The searing plates are good. I have used them upside down to get a better sear. More hot, flat surface to react with. A good accessory.

Welcome,
I have owned kettles, cheap electric, lp, green egg and high end electric smokers....
Only had my unit for 3 weeks, but loving it!
Best Greg
I do have to say, few things sear like the BGE. Also, amazing pizza oven..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back