Don't like turkey - got a Snake River Farms American Wagyu Prime Rib instead

hallsofmontezuma

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
IMG_8796.jpeg

Looks great. What was your approach for the cook? Also, I've had the SRF brisket. How does their prime rib stack up?

Looks great. What was your approach for the cook? Also, I've had the SRF brisket. How does their prime rib stack up?
My approach was just to do it simple. Salt/pepper rub, then smoke at 225 until 115ish, then a quick sear on my cast iron pan inside. I didn't get a great sear, but nobody really noticed.

The SRF brisket is amazing. I cooked it for some people who are used to having good brisket, and they were blown away, saying it was the best they've ever had.
The prime rib was very good, easily better than most any I've had at restaurants or USDA Prime prime ribs I've cooked before, but I wouldn't put it at on the same level as the SRF brisket.

Their Kurobuta ham is really really good, which I also served. Christmas guests who didn't know it was expensive or anything other than grocery store ham raved about how it was the best and most juicy and flavorful they've ever had. SRF recommends bringing it up to 140, but as it's precooked, that will dry it out (which is what happened last year). I just brought it up to 75ish and then served. It's easily the best ham of that type I've ever had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back