DeWalt caulking gun as a jerky gun?

Mike

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I did an Amazon search for an "electric jerky gun" and the results came back with several DeWalt caulking guns, which I thought was a bit funny then interesting. Is anyone really using a caulking gun as their jerky gun?

1652380873350.png

Ok, well I have nothing to offer, but my curiosity is definitely peaked. Let's see how long we go before this thread goes sideways.

It’s probably more case of Amazon trying to sell stuff than it is people buying caulking guns to use for jerky. 🤷🏽

I guess I'm still a noob as I've never heard of, let alone seen, tube jerky, Is this something any of you make?

I bough the LEM gun, tried it once and returned it. Not for me. Like the above... cut and slice real jerky only for me. I do it pretty much weekly.

I've made hamburger jerky before. Quite a but actually. My parents prefer the tenderness of using hamburger over sliced meat for jerky. It tastes good but doesn't have the jerky texture. If I'm making it for myself or my family I use the meat slicer, but if it's for my parents too then I use hamburger.

I wonder if you are supposed to have one just for jerky, or should you go from caulking to jerky and back to caulking without washing it?......😂

Maybe it is a thing? 🤷‍♂️

Makita 18V Caulking Gun Breakfast Sausage / Jerky Cannon

Another Makita

Ryobi

I would have never considered buying a caulking gun for jerky, but clearly after watching these videos it's well within the possibly of using one for this purpose.

It’s probably more case of Amazon trying to sell stuff than it is people buying caulking guns to use for jerky. 🤷🏽

Well, after seeing the videos that @sdynak posted, I went back to the amazon listings and did a search for "jerky" in the reviews of the dawalt gun and there is in fact a review that mentions using it as a jerky gun. This is probably a if not at least another reason why Amazon listed it.

I have made many, many pounds of ground jerky (snack sticks). To date it has been strictly venison. Soooo good. Never had a complaint. Seasons well and I find it dries/smokes in about the same amount of time. I purchased a "Jerky Cannon" for the snack sticks. Works great.
As a side note I do enjoy sliced jerky much better. So much so that i had to go and purchase the jerky slicer attachment for my #22 Weston grinder. Totally worth it if you are making 10+ lbs at at time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back