Convert

Blues1

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello all....ordering a 700 next week. Glad to be here and looking forward to the wisdom and advice that I'm sure I'll appreciate during my introduction to pellet grills. Always grilled with gas and have done several smokes on it. Did pretty good, but it has given me the smoker/pellet grill bug. I was actually going to pre order a different smoker but after seeing the results of it's introduction, I decided on something already battle tested and proven instead. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Welcome here and congrats on your purchase! I hope they and those whom already purchased one get things worked-out to everyone's satisfaction soon.

I like to think I avoid making recommendations when my input is not requested but since Rec Tec is currently offering discounts on accessories I'm going to say I would have a difficult time living without the frond folding shelf.

First, welcome aboard. Also, thank you for making your opening post a positive/introductory post. Seems lately we've been getting way too many whiners and folks who seemingly want others to do their work for them as their opening shot at participation.

The RT products have a mostly loyal following, and a good track record for performance and reliability for the most part. Though nothing is perfect, they do a better job than many in the industry. Your commentary implies you were considering the SmokeFire from Weber. It sure appears they stubbed their toe on that one. I suspect they wanted to rush to market to get a jump on the seasonal uptick, but didn't quite get the details down. From what I've read and seen in a couple vids there are some genuine issues with the hardware/firmware, but also some unmet expectations of performance/capability. Perhaps a classic "over promise, under deliver" scenario.

I will suggest you ease yourself into your use of the 700 (as I would for any device new to you). As you look around these boards and others you'll see folks who have mastered the basics and then escalated their game trying new things, and some things that some folks say can't be done. All that takes time and experience, but in time, with commitment, you'll be one of those sharing successes with the "newbs". Enjoy...

I have an unboxed SmokeFire in my garage. i"m sending it back on Monday. Going to get the 700 with comp base. How about the extra internal self. Worthwhile? How about the fold outside shelf

I wish I would have got the external for my Bull...I mean I still can, but looking back I should've just ordered it with the grill....JMO *...they're posts in here of guys that have made their own if you do a search.

Welcome here and congrats on your purchase! I hope they and those whom already purchased one get things worked-out to everyone's satisfaction soon.

I like to think I avoid making recommendations when my input is not requested but since Rec Tec is currently offering discounts on accessories I'm going to say I would have a difficult time living without the frond folding shelf.
I ordered the front shelf and sear grates. 29% off is pretty good. I was a lucky SmokeFire buyer that refused shipment and got my money back (Without any help from Weber, but thanks to VISA card). For a similar price I feel like I am getting a whole lot more product.

First, welcome aboard. Also, thank you for making your opening post a positive/introductory post. Seems lately we've been getting way too many whiners and folks who seemingly want others to do their work for them as their opening shot at participation.

The RT products have a mostly loyal following, and a good track record for performance and reliability for the most part. Though nothing is perfect, they do a better job than many in the industry. Your commentary implies you were considering the SmokeFire from Weber. It sure appears they stubbed their toe on that one. I suspect they wanted to rush to market to get a jump on the seasonal uptick, but didn't quite get the details down. From what I've read and seen in a couple vids there are some genuine issues with the hardware/firmware, but also some unmet expectations of performance/capability. Perhaps a classic "over promise, under deliver" scenario.

I will suggest you ease yourself into your use of the 700 (as I would for any device new to you). As you look around these boards and others you'll see folks who have mastered the basics and then escalated their game trying new things, and some things that some folks say can't be done. All that takes time and experience, but in time, with commitment, you'll be one of those sharing successes with the "newbs". Enjoy...
Hi there Uncle Bob. I enjoy your posts. Looking forward to being a part of the future cooks here with you. God bless.

And welcome aboard to you as well, Brian. Mike has invested a lot of effort to build a place we can mutually benefit from. Enjoy the ride...…….

Thanks guys. I'm here for the fun, tips, new ideas and learning what TO do, as well as what NOT to do. Since this is new to me, I don't expect a perfect grill or all great cooks, but
I'll enjoy the ride. There will most always be something that will annoy you, but nothing I'll lose sleep over. Like I said I'm in for the enrichment of my dining experience. I'll stub my toe a few times, no doubt, but if you aren't making mistakes, you aren't doing anything and certainly not being creative. Also, I'm not here to bash other grills or companies either. Everyone should enjoy it no matter the make.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back