Kid

Howdy from Sedona Az area .
After [ too ] much thinking and watching videos and reading , finally settled on the 590 for my wife and I am wondering if I purchased too much of a grill.
We are bother light eaters although my wife eats 3 times more than I do , she only scales at 112 pounds , me 165.

The recteq website had my info already , I must of purchased something from them before , maybe a inflatable hot tub ??

Now I am thinking I'll not be doing a whole turkey , just breast .
Thinking I do not need the 590 , but a smaller one

It may be more than you need but it is only $170 more than the 410 and has a 4 year warranty vs. a 2 year warranty. Unless budget or space is an issue the 590 is a great choice. Only you can decide what you need/want but going bigger and not needing it is better IMO than buying smaller and finding you could have used more room.

I agree with @Waterboy , you won’t regret buying the 590. i don’t have one, but it’s arguably the best grill in the recteq lineup.

And welcome, I love the Sedona area.
IMG_0131.jpeg

I have the smaller grill, in my case a 340. For the 2 of us it’s fine, the only time I wished for bigger was when I wanted to do turkeys for the holidays. You are correct in that you can do small breasts, just no much bigger. I can do full birds on the Weber rotisserie so it’s not really a show stopper for us. Bigger cuts can be a little difficult to work on, a bigger full packer pretty much just fits.

If you are the type to have get togethers don’t go with one of the little ones.

Do y'all have a small ranch meat source ?
Raised without chemicals ? That kind of thing
We do not buy from local grocer

It may be more than you need but it is only $170 more than the 410 and has a 4 year warranty vs. a 2 year warranty. Unless budget or space is an issue the 590 is a great choice. Only you can decide what you need/want but going bigger and not needing it is better IMO than buying smaller and finding you could have used more room.
This! ☝️

Welcome to the forum. A lot of great people here willing to share tips and tricks. I have a 700 and it is just my wife and I. But it is nice to have the extra space when we have guests over or the kids are visiting, which seems like every other day. Especially when we have the pool open and are smoking meats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back