Other Your #1 Recommended Recipe for Pellet Grilling / Smoking

Texas_TL

I recently bought the RT-1250 and the RT-340 combo deal and have been trying to use both every opportunity I get.

What is your absolute favorite thing to cook on your pellet grill / If you were to recommend 1 recipe to someone to try or that you were going to prepare to convince someone to buy a pellet grill, what would it be? Just one...for now. :)

home made pizza. its not a classic bbq or smoker cook but these grills are killer for making pizza. i can cook 2 16in pizza on my 700 at a time and you could do that and bread sticks or personal pans on your second rack. i use this recipe for my dough

Attachments

• 76E387EF-3AF0-4C0B-815C-C99BE794A2AC.jpeg
    76E387EF-3AF0-4C0B-815C-C99BE794A2AC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 180
I imagine we all do them differently but for us it's just before fall of the bone St Louis style ribs. I use Hey Grill Hey's Sweet Rub, wrap with honey, br sugar, and butter around 160, unwrap when probe tender, baste w/Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce for the last 30 min.

• ¼ cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon coarse sea salt
  • 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (hot or mild, whichever you prefer)
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper

I'd add Greek Style Cast Iron Skillet pizza. Greek style to me is putting a tablespoon or 2 of olive oil in the skillet before the dough which fries the bottom and edges.

I recently bought the RT-1250 and the RT-340 combo deal and have been trying to use both every opportunity I get.

What is your absolute favorite thing to cook on your pellet grill / If you were to recommend 1 recipe to someone to try or that you were going to prepare to convince someone to buy a pellet grill, what would it be? Just one...for now. :)
I would recommend chuck roast. I just dust them with some salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place a foil lined pan under the grate. Start the grill and set at 225 degrees. stick the temperature probe into the roast and lay it on the grill. Make sure your hopper is full, because this will take some time. You can also mix about a half cup of water together with a half cup of apple cider vinegar to spritz every hour.

Let the grill run at 225 degrees until the roast is at about 150 degrees. Then you can wrap them in foil or butcher paper (I prefer the paper). I put a couple slices of butter on the roast before I wrap it. Then it goes back on the grill and set it to 250 degrees for a couple of hours. You should see the meat start to climb slowly in temperature. If it's going too slowly for your timeline, then up the temp to 275 degrees, which I had to do after a couple hours at 250. When the roast reaches 195 degrees to 205 degrees, you can remove the meat from the grill and set it to rest for 15 minutes or so. My last cook took almost 12 hours.

Some people like to shred the meat, but I like to slice it like brisket. Some think this is better than brisket. With the RecTeq 380 Bullseye grill, this is so easy to make. Truly a set it and forget it experience.

One thing to note with the Bullseye grill - the fan may surge off and on at the low temperature, but that's where you get all that good smoke. I use RecTeq's Ultimate Blend pellets and have had no problems with jamming and the flavor seems very good to me. I live in SW Florida where we have high humidity half of the year. I cover the grill when not in use and keep it on my lanai, out of the rain.

Starting out.jpg

Ready to wrap.jpg

Wrapped.jpg

Resting.jpg

Sliced and moist.jpg

I would recommend chuck roast. I just dust them with some salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place a foil lined pan under the grate. Start the grill and set at 225 degrees. stick the temperature probe into the roast and lay it on the grill. Make sure your hopper is full, because this will take some time. You can also mix about a half cup of water together with a half cup of apple cider vinegar to spritz every hour.

Let the grill run at 225 degrees until the roast is at about 150 degrees. Then you can wrap them in foil or butcher paper (I prefer the paper). I put a couple slices of butter on the roast before I wrap it. Then it goes back on the grill and set it to 250 degrees for a couple of hours. You should see the meat start to climb slowly in temperature. If it's going too slowly for your timeline, then up the temp to 275 degrees, which I had to do after a couple hours at 250. When the roast reaches 195 degrees to 205 degrees, you can remove the meat from the grill and set it to rest for 15 minutes or so. My last cook took almost 12 hours.

Some people like to shred the meat, but I like to slice it like brisket. Some think this is better than brisket. With the RecTeq 380 Bullseye grill, this is so easy to make. Truly a set it and forget it experience.

One thing to note with the Bullseye grill - the fan may surge off and on at the low temperature, but that's where you get all that good smoke. I use RecTeq's Ultimate Blend pellets and have had no problems with jamming and the flavor seems very good to me. I live in SW Florida where we have high humidity half of the year. I cover the grill when not in use and keep it on my lanai, out of the rain.

View attachment 16876

View attachment 16877

View attachment 16878

View attachment 16879

View attachment 16880
So, this and some smoked Mac was my very first (non-break-in) cook on my Bull. It. Was. INCREDIBLE. Very well received, incredibly juicy and slicing it for sandwiches was amazing. Thank you!

This is my, and so many others of my friends that have had it, favorite. It shouldn't even be called meatloaf. So many people say that they hate meatloaf love this recipe.
Please Note - For step 3 middle layer of fixins, you can add whatever you want.

Smoked Meatloaf

Prep & Cook Time: 4 to 5 Hours Pellets: Apple/Cherry, Competition or Signature Blend
2 Cups Ritz Cracker Crumbs or Breadcrumbs
4 tsp. garlic salt
3 tsp. steak or beef seasoning
2 Eggs, Beaten
4 Pounds Ground Chuck (or substitute 1 of the pounds of meat with 1 pound of pork or Italian sausage)
1 & 1/3 Cup of BBQ Sauce & ketchup mixture (half of each)
1 package of bacon
Small amount of finely chopped jalapeno (just enough to taste)
One large onion, chopped
One green pepper, chopped
One red, orange or yellow pepper (or all 3)
Fresh cilantro
Sliced mushrooms
For Glaze: 1/4 Cup Apple Juice or Tennessee Cider (Jack Daniels) & 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1. When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 225℉ and
preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. For optimal flavor, use Super
Smoke if available.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, garlic salt, beef or steak seasoning with beaten
eggs, BBQ/ketchup and ground beef, mix well until firm.
3. Using a hamburger grill basket (sprayed with Pam), cover the bottom with slices of bacon. Place half the meat loaf on top of bacon, pressing it evenly to all corners of the basket. Add chopped onion. finely chopped jalapeno, peppers & mushrooms. Place 2nd half of meat loaf on top of ingredients and top with bacon slices to cover meatloaf.
4. Secure cover on basket and place directly on grill. Let smoke until it reaches internal temp. of 120℉. Then turn up Traeger to 350℉ to crisp up bacon and until internal temp of meatloaf is 160℉.
For the Glaze: Combine 1/2 cup BBQ sauce with 1/4 cup apple juice or Tennessee Cider (Jack Daniels)
Glaze meatloaf by lifting cover of grill basket and brushing onto top of bacon and resecuring cover. This during the last 20 to 30 minutes of cooking. Right after removing meatloaf from smoker, evenly sprinkle on cilantro.
5. Let meatloaf rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!

20220528_112815.jpg

20220528_113720.jpg

Reverse sear tri-tip is my number one, guests are coming and I need something that will be a hit, thing to cook. Salad with it for those watching carbs, and Hawaiin rolls for those who aren't.

This is my, and so many others of my friends that have had it, favorite. It shouldn't even be called meatloaf. So many people say that they hate meatloaf love this recipe.
Please Note - For step 3 middle layer of fixins, you can add whatever you want.

Smoked Meatloaf

Prep & Cook Time: 4 to 5 Hours Pellets: Apple/Cherry, Competition or Signature Blend
2 Cups Ritz Cracker Crumbs or Breadcrumbs
4 tsp. garlic salt
3 tsp. steak or beef seasoning
2 Eggs, Beaten
4 Pounds Ground Chuck (or substitute 1 of the pounds of meat with 1 pound of pork or Italian sausage)
1 & 1/3 Cup of BBQ Sauce & ketchup mixture (half of each)
1 package of bacon
Small amount of finely chopped jalapeno (just enough to taste)
One large onion, chopped
One green pepper, chopped
One red, orange or yellow pepper (or all 3)
Fresh cilantro
Sliced mushrooms
For Glaze: 1/4 Cup Apple Juice or Tennessee Cider (Jack Daniels) & 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1. When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 225℉ and
preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. For optimal flavor, use Super
Smoke if available.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, garlic salt, beef or steak seasoning with beaten
eggs, BBQ/ketchup and ground beef, mix well until firm.
3. Using a hamburger grill basket (sprayed with Pam), cover the bottom with slices of bacon. Place half the meat loaf on top of bacon, pressing it evenly to all corners of the basket. Add chopped onion. finely chopped jalapeno, peppers & mushrooms. Place 2nd half of meat loaf on top of ingredients and top with bacon slices to cover meatloaf.
4. Secure cover on basket and place directly on grill. Let smoke until it reaches internal temp. of 120℉. Then turn up Traeger to 350℉ to crisp up bacon and until internal temp of meatloaf is 160℉.
For the Glaze: Combine 1/2 cup BBQ sauce with 1/4 cup apple juice or Tennessee Cider (Jack Daniels)
Glaze meatloaf by lifting cover of grill basket and brushing onto top of bacon and resecuring cover. This during the last 20 to 30 minutes of cooking. Right after removing meatloaf from smoker, evenly sprinkle on cilantro.
5. Let meatloaf rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!

View attachment 17786

View attachment 17787
This sounds delish, but what is a Traeger?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back