Wyldside close out.

jfrosty27

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I saw on the Recteq site that they are closing out the Wyldside. I was a little surprised. But then, in a way not. It really isn’t in their wheelhouse of pellet cookers. I have been thinking about getting one off and on. Guess I better hurry up and make up my mind!

The Wyldside is just crazy fun to cook on. I can’t explain how relaxing, almost meditative, it is to just sit and watch the flames dance up at food turning on the rotisserie. It’s not an everyday grill, but I sure would not want to be without mine.

I've also had my eye on it. Just got the bull, so didn't want to make a move so soon.

I called recteq and they said they aren't phasing it out, just trying to move product.

If they were actually considering phasing out the Wyldside I would expect the Matador to go out the door first. That is not in their wheelhouse at all in my opinion. The Wyldside at least uses a fan and wood for heat. Good to hear it is not going anywhere. I would absolutely consider if funds permitted. It would make an amazing conversation piece to say the least in my neighborhood. Hmm.. not sure if that is good or bad :unsure:.

If they were actually considering phasing out the Wyldside I would expect the Matador to go out the door first. That is not in their wheelhouse at all in my opinion. The Wyldside at least uses a fan and wood for heat. Good to hear it is not going anywhere. I would absolutely consider if funds permitted. It would make an amazing conversation piece to say the least in my neighborhood. Hmm.. not sure if that is good or bad :unsure:.
That’s exactly what I thought when the ‘closeout’ was announced yesterday.

Personally, I don't think knocking off a hundred bucks is really that much of a motivator to move product when the unit is over a grand. I like mine although there have been a couple of build issues that make it unsurprising in my mind they would kill it.

Personally, I don't think knocking off a hundred bucks is really that much of a motivator to move product when the unit is over a grand. I like mine although there have been a couple of build issues that make it unsurprising in my mind they would kill it.
Whoa! Hold up there partner. Build issues? RecTeq is indicating that all sales are final. Is there something I should know before purchasing an All Sales Final product? Any insights would be appreciated.

Whoa! Hold up there partner. Build issues? RecTeq is indicating that all sales are final. Is there something I should know before purchasing an All Sales Final product? Any insights would be appreciated.
@LoneStar search the forum. There was a mention of parts being welded wrong and buyer was local to RT.

The Wyldside is now down to $999.00. I understand some people being leery of close out items, but that is a steal of a price on a fantastic grill. They are so much fun to cook on.

Doggone it guys! My wife called as I was reading this, and I told her I was trying to convince myself I needed the Wyldside, but I wasn't going to buy one. She said, "you've always wanted one, and they're on sale. Get it." so...Wyldside is on the way. She wins for best wife ever, and you guys need to stop enabling me!

Doggone it guys! My wife called as I was reading this, and I told her I was trying to convince myself I needed the Wyldside, but I wasn't going to buy one. She said, "you've always wanted one, and they're on sale. Get it." so...Wyldside is on the way. She wins for best wife ever, and you guys need to stop enabling me!

You might want to start saving for therapy sessions..Congrats on the Wife.. and good move on the Wyldside! Maybe one day I'll hit the lotto and get a wife like that 😉 .

It’s such a great and fun grill to cook on-you will love it! Let me know if you have any questions.

If you are interested in a cover for it, don’t buy anything until you see my post on this next week. I just received a cover yesterday that I will post about, but I’m short on time today. We are actually heading out in the morning for recteq HQ, but I’ll put something up on it next week. Here’s a tease…

F0381949-872C-4CA4-A2D4-54383CCA582C.jpeg

Tried to get the wife's attention on this.. She just said what would we do "rotisserie chicken" .. Of course I had a rebuttal and just got the "uh ha" as she stares in her PC looking for a vacation spot in the Keys where we can take the pups with us.

Showed pics & all.. I think I need to initiate CPR with no response. Maybe it was bad timing. Will check back later.

Well, the rotisserie chicken is pretty awesome! I only picked up mine at recteq Academy in December, but I expect to cook on it a lot more this spring/summer/fall. Best thing to date was this bone-in prime rib roast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back