WOW! It's like I'm from the Future!

ghuns

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Several months ago, my kid switched jobs and went to work for Garmin. As an old fart, my knowledge of Garmin extends to the big, clunky dashboard mounted GPS systems of the 90s. Turns out, they make a lot more than that now.

Kid was trying to convince me I needed a Garmin smart watch. Personally, I'm a dumb watch kinda guy. I prefer automatic or hand wind watches that tell the time and maybe the date. When I looked at the prices of the Garmins I thought were sorta cool, I decided I definitely did NOT need one.

Since the kid can wear any Garmin watch he wants for free, he gave me the one he bought before he went to work for them. I told him I'd try it out.

Turns out, I kinda love the thing. I was bad at missing texts and emails from my work, or worse, from the wife. Getting them on the watch means I rarely miss a thing. The health tracking functions are really cool and it's got a map of darn near every golf course and ski resort on earth on it. Not that I golf, or ski.

Anyways, I haven't fired up the 700 much this summer. Been traveling a lot and when home cooked mostly on the Bullseye. Last night I threw 6 butts on the Bull for a neighbor who's having a birthday party tonight for her husband.

I was tweaking the temp this morning from work on the app, and I don't know why it was such a shock to me, but this freaking watch even gets notifications from the Bull...

bSj7wVGl.jpg

I was all like...

mind-blown-mind-blowing.gif

Love getting the notifications on my Apple Watch as well. Now if only the app would go the next step and let you make adjustments from your wrist...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back