Would you buy a BFG again?

Crubos

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
Greetings,

I'm thinking about getting a BFG. I have owned a few 700's for app. 5 years.

I want to give my 700's to my kids and for convenience i want to get the BFG.

Your thoughts?

Thank you

Greg Jones

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
I’ve never owned one, but I did get the chance to play with one at recteq Academy. It’s a very nice grill-if you are happy with your RT-700s, I can’t imagine you would be disappointed with a BFG. Personally, if I needed this capacity I would have a hard time deciding if two RT-1250s at $3,400 total isn’t a better choice than one RT-2500 at $3,000. It all depends on what your needs are with respect to capacity, but I find the ability to run two grills at different temps when needed to be a game changer in how I grill.

Crubos

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
I’ve never owned one, but I did get the chance to play with one at recteq Academy. It’s a very nice grill-if you are happy with your RT-700s, I can’t imagine you would be disappointed with a BFG. Personally, if I needed this capacity I would have a hard time deciding if two RT-1250s at $3,400 total isn’t a better choice than one RT-2500 at $3,000. It all depends on what your needs are with respect to capacity, but I find the ability to run two grills at different temps when needed to be a game changer in how I grill.
Thanks Greg for your reply.

I already have 2-700s with shelves. There is just not enough head room in them when I'm cooking allot of meat. I have to rotate the meat so it doesn't burn.

The 2500 gives me the space plus I can cook more protein than I can right now because of what I have described.

Thanks again for your reply.

Smoke On🙂

Pacman

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
A friend of mine is considering the BFG. He asked if the current BFG has the cast iron deflector and dual band WiFi that's in the 1250. I didn't see anything explicit on the RecTeq site. Does anyone know offhand?

sdynak

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
A friend of mine is considering the BFG. He asked if the current BFG has the cast iron deflector and dual band WiFi that's in the 1250. I didn't see anything explicit on the RecTeq site. Does anyone know offhand?

If I had to guess I'd say no mention of dual band means it is not.. There is a mention of the deflector as stainless:

"Quality inside and out. The RT-2500 features a 304 stainless steel firepot, heat deflector, and steel drip pan. Not only do you get a flawless, even cook every time, but it's also easy to clean."

Adam'sRibBBQ

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
  2. RT-300
The deflector is stainless, I’m not sure about the Wi-Fi

Hawkdoc

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Greetings,

I'm thinking about getting a BFG. I have owned a few 700's for app. 5 years.

I want to give my 700's to my kids and for convenience i want to get the BFG.

Your thoughts?

Thank you
I have owned my 2500 for a year now. Here are some honest observations. 1. It is a quality built product top to bottom. That being said I was shocked at the relative lack of smoke. I was an old stick burner used to a fair amt of smoke. You wont get that with this unit. Most every one adds addition smoke generating devices, wood chunks or extra pellet tubes.
So to answer the question would I buy again. Probably not

JTolbert

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Absolutely love my BFG. At first I thought it would not produce any smoke at all after doing my seasoning cook and then some burgers. But on first long cook it produce plenty of smoke for my preference at least, added some pellets to deflector but for first 3 hours of the rib cook smoke consistently out of both stacks! It's a great piece of equipment with great versatility!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.