Stampede WiFi Question

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All How to start the smoker away from home? Does it have to be plugged in and on?
Thanks Dan

Yes, plugged in and on. Then you have complete control while away. (Be sure the cover is off)

OK Thx for your fast reply..Hope I can get it to work. When on it is doing anything?
Dan

Last edited:
Hi All How to start the smoker away from home? Does it have to be plugged in and on?
Thanks Dan
WiFi doesn't provide power wirelessly. ;)

The grill of course needs to be plugged in. It does NOT however need to be turned on. You can remotely turn On or Off the grill using the RecTec mobile app so long as the grill is plugged in.

From there you can adjust temps and a number of other settings directly from the app.

Thx for your fast reply(y):) So as long as it is plugged in I'm good to go(y)
Dan

Thx for your fast reply(y):) So as long as it is plugged in I'm good to go(y)
Dan
Yes sir. You can pretty much do anything you want from the mobile app that you can do while standing in front of the pellet grill.

Bummer it is NOT working??it said slide right to turn on, when I do temp chart come up?

bummer not working I think I lost connection.it wants me to press & hold the WiFi button on my grill.

I think I have to reconnect but it is raining now..Will post back

I think I have to reconnect but it is raining now..Will post back
Was it connected before You unplugged ?
if so, give it some time to reconnect.
1) make sure the grill is close to your home/router location
2) make sure you are broadcasting on 2.4ghz (does not connect of 5ghz)

Thanks Dan
It will work remotely. They key is, if you start if from away from home, the cover is off. The cover melts, burns and smells like nothing you have seen before. ??

edit: it much have been an app revision... initally this was not an option, but now its telling my grill is off line from across town.

I like this idea - will try on next cook.

It was connected yesterday when doing the burn in set point was 400* actual temp was 400, so it was working yesterday. Today I went thru the same route as I did yesterday trying to reconnect, it said successful but won't let me go on to the next step..My brain is fried right now, so I'm going to give it a break and contact Rec Tec. when I ready..Rain is in the forecast for the next 2 days.:unsure:
Thanks Dan

Because instead of turning the grill on you were hitting the temp chart button!
it is a learning curve or everyone...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back