Wifi light

nygiant

So I’ve had my RT 700 for about a month with no problems. Haven’t used it in about two weeks. got a new iPhone last weekend and open the app and when I looked at the app it said not connected. For some reason I thought maybe I’d have to reconnect because I got a new phone. Went out to the smoker and the red light is not on at all. Have held it 5 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, up to a minute and nothing. What could the problem be? The smoker is plugged in and it is running

I don’t think you can do the WiFi pairing while the grill is running. Try it again after it’s off. If it doesn’t work then I’d give customer service a call.

Also just to clarify, the red Wi-Fi indicator light is not on at all. Not sure if that has to do with the grill being on or not. I just push the power button and it’s counting down so I’ll post back here in a couple of minutes

OK I unplugged it and plugged it back in and when I did that the red light started blinking. I went through the process and I am now connected. Thanks
For future info, I suspect the two events were unrelated. Once the grill is online after paring with WiFi via the two devices (phone/grill) never connect directly again. I have one grill in particular, the RT-340, which loses its WiFi paring as you just described every 2-3 months or so.

Nygiant. Mine did the exact same thing today. I have had mine for over a year and this is the first time it has ever happened. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it works just fine now.
Fluke thing?

Nygiant. Mine did the exact same thing today. I have had mine for over a year and this is the first time it has ever happened. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it works just fine now.
Fluke thing?
Yeah who knows I was worried for a second that I was gonna have to get a new controller or something. But unplugging it and then plugging it back in could just be a glitch of some type? Who knows. I can tell you this though, the day after memorial day, about 10 in the morning, I got a call and it came up as “recteq” on the caller ID. Guy said I saw your phone number called into customer service over the weekend and I wanted to call you back and make sure everything was OK. Wow… Pretty amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back