WiFi is a cook savior

ken g

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
I am extremely grateful for this feature on my Stampede. Last weekend I have a medical emergency near the end of a cook with 2 briskets and 4 racks of ribs. Needless to say, I am freaking out over losing everything. WiFi saved the day allowing me to monitor meat temps and having a friend come by and pull the meat.

Everything turned out awesome like I never left. Without WiFi it would have been a total loss which makes it worth every $$$.

I'd have to agree also... Time saved, heat saved, ease of use.... Life is good with RecTec.

Great story Ken, another eye opener that is unexpected but proves the value of upping the technology.
So. Speaking of upping the technology. I'd like to see a feature that sends you an alert when your hopper is getting down to 25% of capacity or thereabouts. Similar to what GMG offers on theirs. I know I know, if you take 2 seconds and lift the hopper lid, you can see how much you have... This is true. But in true human fashion, today, I didn't do the "common sense" method and ran out of pellets during a cook.. Took me around 15 minutes to correct my mistake (shut down, fill hopper, fill burn pop, re-ignite, wait to return to temp, etc.) but just saying from a convenience factor, wouldn't that be nice?

@ken g funny you mention this. The first time I cooked a brisket I wasn't even home for most of the entire cook.

My son had a basketball game, followed by my daughter having gymnastics and we then went out to lunch. I was able to watch the temp of the grill and internal temp of the brisket the entire time though and ran home only when it was time to wrap the brisket.

It's not something I use all the time, but I agree the WiFi controller is simply awesome when you do use it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back