Dressed to Kill
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
This controller is reasonably priced and just may work. Who's going to be the sucker beta tester?

Controller

Maybe if I had one already..

But I'll gladly take donations for a new Bullseye & the wifi controller 😁
Hey, if someone can get crowd-funded to the tune of $55,000 to make potato salad, we can make this happen. That could even buy you a new 1250 🤣.

Setting up your GoFundMe in 3…2…1…

Last edited:
I bought one... I have a nearly unused $1000 Traeger sitting in the shed. I will see if this makes it worth keeping. If this makes that smoker 80% as good as my Bull, I will be happy. Thanks for the find @Jigsaw

I bought one... I have a nearly unused $1000 Traeger sitting in the shed. I will see if this makes it worth keeping. If this makes that smoker 80% as good as my Bull, I will be happy. Thanks for the find @Jigsaw
I installed after market controllers in my Traeger, a significant improvement!

I’d be all about bout it, but it won’t talk to RecTeq and I just can’t handle another app on my phone. Besides im having Bullseye whoas I need to address first

That controller is worth every penny. Did 15 Buffalo wings on the Traeger with new controller and 15 on the Bull, both set to 375 and let them go for 35 mins. Flipped the last 10 mins. Sadly the Traeger wings were better. Pulled off the bone easier. Both tasted great. It was the easier eating that gave the Traeger a leg up. Temp held very close to 375 on both smokers with an ambient temp of about 48 degrees F outside. App (Smarter Grill) for this controller is a little wonkey, but worked fine.

My buddy bought one as well, he has a newer Traeger. He however had wiring issues - auger wouldn’t advance. He swapped a couple connections, then said the temp went all over the place. For mine, I followed the schematic and had no issues. Anyway, I wish I would have bought a PID controller for the Traeger years ago… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That controller is worth every penny. Did 15 Buffalo wings on the Traeger with new controller and 15 on the Bull, both set to 375 and let them go for 35 mins. Flipped the last 10 mins. Sadly the Traeger wings were better. Pulled off the bone easier. Both tasted great. It was the easier eating that gave the Traeger a leg up. Temp held very close to 375 on both smokers with an ambient temp of about 48 degrees F outside. App (Smarter Grill) for this controller is a little wonkey, but worked fine.

My buddy bought one as well, he has a newer Traeger. He however had wiring issues - auger wouldn’t advance. He swapped a couple connections, then said the temp went all over the place. For mine, I followed the schematic and had no issues. Anyway, I wish I would have bought a PID controller for the Traeger years ago… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought the newer Traeger's had a DC motor? Maybe that is why he had issues? Maybe double check the label on the motor.

Great feedback.. now we need someone to try it on the Bullseye :)

Any thoughts on a 1250's controller massaged into a Bullseye? Wonder if it would work?

Any thoughts on a 1250's controller massaged into a Bullseye? Wonder if it would work?
I'm sure it would work. The physical size of the controller and cost makes it prohibitive, IMHO.
I saw another WiFi controller for $139 may also work. RT quit selling controllers outright.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back