Wi-Fi light status?

I've had my Bull for about 6 months now. In regard to wifi/connectivity;

Initially, everything worked fine. Then, I started having problems with connectivity. I was (and am) using an older (dedicated) iPhone on a car cradle mounted right on the shelf.

I went through the "re-install the app" process multiple times with no real success. What finally ended up working for me is to just not try to connect to the grill with the iPhone until the grill has started up and has had plenty of time to connect to my wifi network.

I power up the grill with the lid open, wait, get the startup cloud of smoke, smoke dissapates, I close the lid, power up the iPhone and connect to the grill. Since starting that routine, it's worked every time without fail. I don't worry about the amount of time I have to "wait" to connect. It's "useless" time and I'm just waiting for the grill to light off safely anyway.

I also have my primary iPhone, an older iPad, my new iPad and all of the above applies to those devices. I can connect to the grill with multiple devices simultaneously as well.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm "impressed" with the wifi, but it has been solid since I started doing what I listed above.

Now, if you have a flaky control board, some (or maybe all) of this may not apply.

Hope this helps.......:)

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes, I have a dedicated 2.4 GHz network that I use for things like my grill, ThermoWorks Signals, sprinkler controller, etc. I have an older iPhone 6S that I use just for controlling the RT-340 and ThermoWorks Signals, and it is always on that 2.4 GHz network. And, I do check. The Signals app works just fine on it; the RT-340 app does not.
Jim; If you haven't tried this give it a shot. Delete the app from your phone. Power off phone, power up and reinstall app.

If that doesn't work it is possible the WiFi in the grill itself is Tango Uniform.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back