RT-1250 Who's Upgrading 700->1250?

Various companies have tried to sell such items (expensive, not necessarily grills) via Amazon, but have stopped. Amazon actually has a percentage of the total sale that they extract for hosting.
They also charge extra if they have to handle the sale tax part.

I'm holding out for WiFi 6e support, and the whole new spectrum of bandwidth! Ok, that's not really true, since my Bull connects just fine on 2.4 (helps that I work for a very large networking equipment provider, and anything I can't figure out, I have multiple colleagues I can call who can make WiFi do tricks like Cirque du Soleil.) :) Lots of nuances to good WiFi performance, the chipsets are only a piece of the puzzle.

As others have commented, not enough difference for me to move from the 700 to the 1250, though I would be looking hard at the 1250 as a new buyer.
I have wifi 6 mesh band and never had any connection issues or the setup problems I keep hearing about. I never had a better home wifi network until this one.

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK752) – Router with 1 Satellite Extender | Coverage up to 5,000 sq. ft., 40 Devices | AX4200 (Up to 4.2Gbps) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086HJXKJ...abc_8B8DJCP3R65K0XJK16E6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have wifi 6 mesh band and never had any connection issues or the setup problems I keep hearing about. I never had a better home wifi network until this one.

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK752) – Router with 1 Satellite Extender | Coverage up to 5,000 sq. ft., 40 Devices | AX4200 (Up to 4.2Gbps) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086HJXKJ...abc_8B8DJCP3R65K0XJK16E6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I concur with Whalercat. I have the same Orbi mesh system and have not had any connectivity issues with my RT700. And I just purchased my 700 in June.

I'm heavily considering it. I mostly want it to check my accessories fit and the little things here and there that are upgraded. What's everyone else thinking?

Wonder how much I could get for my 700 with front folding shelf and sear kit...
Why would you want to upgrade? It's a little bigger but, so what?

I have a new 700 with the removable large rack and front shelf. If I upgrade my 700, it'll be for a substantial upgrade, to the BFG. The 1250 might be nice and new, but it's not worth wasting money on a minor upgrade.
Agreed. The 700 is fine, just fine. There are folks out there that just want to upgrade because something is new, like a car.

I was just about to pul the trigger on a 700, so I will be ordering a 1250. Any ever used the Glenn Beck Discount?

I am with Greg Jones. I have all the same upgrades & on one of the FB forums, a guy is already looking to make the drip deflector for the lid. Once I have that all I would need is the Cast Iron Heat Deflector, and maybe add an outlet, and I will basically have the 1250. If I add an outlet, it will be a better outlet that came with the 1250 so IMO, its all good. If I were a first time buyer, I would probably go with the 1250 but since I am already vested, I'm good with the upgrades. In fact, the second shelf I have I like better than the shelf on the 1250.
Just curious, where is the Facebook forum that has the guy possible making a drip deflector? Would love to buy this although the front of the bull has the drip stains from many cooks.

I’m looking to upgrade, my RT-700 is up for sale but I’m not going to swet if it doesn’t sell, I love the 700 and I would like to get the 1250. If it doesn’t sell, I’ll keep using to 700.

I would only upgrade to the 1250 in the event that my 700 died or was stolen 😂. I do like many aspects of the 1250 but my 700 has many cooks left in it. I did want the wyldside but I’ll have to look at a different option

Something I noticed. My 700 has sharp corners on the control box that risks damaging the cover.

The 1250 has rounded counterpoint box corners, no risk of damaging a cover (very little)

That’s a nice improvement they should have on new 700 boxes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back