RT-1250 Who's Upgrading 700->1250?

I am not familiar with the 1250. Is it just a 700 with shelf racks or are they larger. If larger with the same fire pot I would not want one. The fire pot can't handle much more than the 700 efficiently. Many have figured that out after getting a BFG.

I'm pretty happy with my 700. It's normally just the 3 of us so more than enough space.

Yesterday my neighbor to the left has over 71 devices connected on 2.4G. My channel utilization is over 75% before I add any clients to my network. It is literally unusable before I even get to add a single client. The other two non-overlapping channels are marginally better, but by-in-large they're unusable.
rj… Are you my neighbor? I have 84 devices and run Ubiquiti Unifi equipment. My range is insane (available on both ends of the block) and I’m sure my neighbors have similar problems like you. I purposely set my channels manually and run site surveys periodically to make sure everyone can live in harmony. I also provide tech support for the neighborhood to keep everyone happy. One comment, if you put an access point somewhere near your RT or devices and assign a subnet to the IP address, your signal will be the strongest and prioritize your transmission over your neighbors.

Good luck.

i agree my “Old” Bull is adequate. Based on the clearance for the top shelf, it wouldn‘t do anything my large or 2 small shelves doesn’t already do. Now if they are giving it away or have a great trade in program, I will gladly eat my words as I like the newly added cosmetics and it is a pain in the rear to keep the lens for the light clean. Also, is it just me or did anyone notice the bottom shelf is now full and not the 2 piece that already existed? Is that to accommodate slide out capability like the top shelf?

i agree my “Old” Bull is adequate. Based on the clearance for the top shelf, it wouldn‘t do anything my large or 2 small shelves doesn’t already do. Now if they are giving it away or have a great trade in program, I will gladly eat my words as I like the newly added cosmetics and it is a pain in the rear to keep the lens for the light clean. Also, is it just me or did anyone notice the bottom shelf is now full and not the 2 piece that already existed? Is that to accommodate slide out capability like the top shelf?
I had pointed that out in a different post that I noticed that the lower shelf is one piece instead of two and wondered why. After I got my 1250 and got it put together I can confirm it is done that way to have the same slide out capability like the top shelf.

I had pointed that out in a different post that I noticed that the lower shelf is one piece instead of two and wondered why. After I got my 1250 and got it put together I can confirm it is done that way to have the same slide out capability like the top shelf.
Thanks for the reply. That would be a nice feature. Does that mean you are using a grill mat to catch the grease and mess? Also, how do you protect the lower portion of the barrell if/when you pull out the shelf?

Thanks for the reply. That would be a nice feature. Does that mean you are using a grill mat to catch the grease and mess? Also, how do you protect the lower portion of the barrell if/when you pull out the shelf?
That is a good question and one that I'm not sure how to answer. I just got it on Friday and have only cooked pizza on it so far so I can't really answer. I would imagine that it would drip down the front of the barrel and onto the front shelf and ground. Hopefully next weekend I can find out some more when I make ribs and salmon and report back.

rj… Are you my neighbor? I have 84 devices and run Ubiquiti Unifi equipment. My range is insane (available on both ends of the block) and I’m sure my neighbors have similar problems like you. I purposely set my channels manually and run site surveys periodically to make sure everyone can live in harmony. I also provide tech support for the neighborhood to keep everyone happy. One comment, if you put an access point somewhere near your RT or devices and assign a subnet to the IP address, your signal will be the strongest and prioritize your transmission over your neighbors.

Good luck.
Sounds like I need to talk to you about setting up my home network.

Good luck.
You sound like me. I got 10 Ubiquiti APs - 8 inside and 2 outside. I buried one into the woods in my backyard and one in the front yard. I can get reaaaaaally far away and still pickup 2 bars wifi. Hold my beer, 150 devices on the network. Been waiting for their new UDM Pro SE to be available again to swap out my aging CK+USG.

If I upgrade, I hate to say it, but it won't be with Rec Teq.

My number came up on the waitlist for a Lone Star and I'm really contemplating it. Just don't want to take such a huge hit on selling the RT-700.

https://lonestargrillz.com/collecti...oducts/lone-star-grillz-20-x-42-pellet-smoker
Never heard of this pellet smoker. I was wondering what pellet grills were made in america so thanks. Just recently heard of the firebird... Watching the youtube on this grill right now. I am curious if you already have the 700 what made you get on the waitlist for this one? I have not bought a pellet grill yet and am seriously contemplating RT. However I am getting tired of seeing everything made in China. There is a reason I bought Rogue gear instead of rep fitness for my gym.

Pitts and spitts makes their grills in the US. "Hand crafted in Texas".

Never heard of this pellet smoker. I was wondering what pellet grills were made in america so thanks. Just recently heard of the firebird... Watching the youtube on this grill right now. I am curious if you already have the 700 what made you get on the waitlist for this one? I have not bought a pellet grill yet and am seriously contemplating RT. However I am getting tired of seeing everything made in China. There is a reason I bought Rogue gear instead of rep fitness for my gym.
I considered the Lone Star but in the end went with a 1250. The main reason is the firebox is on the right side of the smoker vs the center like most other brands. I was concerned with a larger temp differential across the grill.

Not upgrading from a Rec Tec, but rather a Traeger Tailgater, yeah convert here ;). That Traeger has actually served me really well despite its limitations and very rare but present WILD temperature swings. Been looking for something for a while that I can build in with the hopper on the back and the smoke stack on the right that also had 2 racks and then BAM this comes out, literally been trying to decide all year what to do here without buying a Memphis and the absolute "god grill" for what I've been looking for drops.

I thought I remembered Rec Tec being sold at Lowes/Home Depot, but don't see them in stores any more, where are you guys typically buying? Or just ordering direct?

To my knowledge, rec teq has only ever sold direct.

Currently no. But when I move in a few years I am considering an upgrade.

I am probably dating myself but RecTec (former name) did try the distribution route. In fact, they once had the Bull kit that included grill grates, cover, and 200lbs of pellets on Amazon. I “heard” they discontinued this practice due to missing parts, damages in transportation and other reasons. Generally, I am sensitive to any limitations for purchasing as it may quash competition, however, as a recipient of a pristine delivery I thank RecTeq for understanding the risks and threats to their brand and customer service levels and for putting the proper controls in place to enhance the buying experience.

Reactions: Tee
Various companies have tried to sell such items (expensive, not necessarily grills) via Amazon, but have stopped. Amazon actually has a percentage of the total sale that they extract for hosting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back