Wheres the Beast and Chuckwagon owners

JTolbert

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Would love to here feedback from Beast and Chuck Wagon owners on results they get with the larger cookers. I own BFG and from my results and others here the larger cookers don't produce great smoke.

My sense is there are very few folks who own those monsters. We just finished the RT Academy. They used their Beast to cook a 200 pound hog, which was very tasty. The Beast has a double fire pot, so more smoke.

Would love to here feedback from Beast and Chuck Wagon owners on results they get with the larger cookers. I own BFG and from my results and others here the larger cookers don't produce great smoke.
I feel for your situation as it seems the BFG is right in the zone where its too small for a second fire pot but too big to produce good smoke on a single fire pot.

I had never thought the BFG would lack on smoke but as others have said, it makes total sense, as it cant smolder pellets for that great smoke and still hit bbq temps. I guess the 340 and 590 would be awesome smoke machines, something I never thought as well when I bought my 700/1250. Learning opportunity for myself.

Sorry for your smoke issue, hopefully you can find a deflector that holds small chunks, or something that works. Its a beautiful grill, just need more smoke.

I feel for your situation as it seems the BFG is right in the zone where its too small for a second fire pot but too big to produce good smoke on a single fire pot.

I had never thought the BFG would lack on smoke but as others have said, it makes total sense, as it cant smolder pellets for that great smoke and still hit bbq temps. I guess the 340 and 590 would be awesome smoke machines, something I never thought as well when I bought my 700/1250. Learning opportunity for myself.

Sorry for your smoke issue, hopefully you can find a deflector that holds small chunks, or something that works. Its a beautiful grill, just need more smoke.
Well new day new results! Did some ribs on Sunday 1 babyback 1 St.louis style. Put 2 handfuls of pellets on deflector started at 250 to get those going then down to 180. Had fairly consistent smoke whole 3 hours during 3-2-1 rib cook. BFG put decent ring in ribs and wonderful flavor overall!

20221106_170153.jpg

20221106_170731.jpg

20221106_170209.jpg

I'd call that a win!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back