Where do you keep your Rec Tec?

Wanted to see where y’all have your Rec Tec and how you cover it, if at all. I had one of the young ladies at RT tell me hers stays uncovered on her porch year round. I’m definitely not leaving it like that, especially with lack of a pellet dump (still baffled by that!). I’ve had my Bull since September and love it. Presently it is under my carport and I’d prefer to move it to my back deck which isn’t covered. I was going to purchase a cover until I read reviews on it and how much of a pita it is to install/remove. Currently it stays under a cheap Oklahoma Joe cover but never gets any rain or snow on it. Like to see how everyone stores theirs and get some suggestions.
Thanks

BTW located in E Tennessee mountains
Wanted to see where y’all have your Rec Tec and how you cover it, if at all. I had one of the young ladies at RT tell me hers stays uncovered on her porch year round. I’m definitely not leaving it like that, especially with lack of a pellet dump (still baffled by that!). I’ve had my Bull since September and love it. Presently it is under my carport and I’d prefer to move it to my back deck which isn’t covered. I was going to purchase a cover until I read reviews on it and how much of a pita it is to install/remove. Currently it stays under a cheap Oklahoma Joe cover but never gets any rain or snow on it. Like to see how everyone stores theirs and get some suggestions.
Thanks

BTW located in E Tennessee mountains
i built a deck just for the grill I also keep the factory cover on it

Attachments

• 6D2D28A9-B922-4388-9FC5-58DA14DB6F1B.jpeg
    6D2D28A9-B922-4388-9FC5-58DA14DB6F1B.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 96
I have a 9 ft patio umbrella that keeps me and my TB340 and Weber Silver grill under while I'm cooking in the rain, they are placed back to back, plus they each have their own covers. Back yard is too small for a permanent structure

Last edited:
I'd buy the cover. I have one for my 680, and it covers well, not a universal 20 dollar piece of crap. It is a pain to get off and on, but that's because it fits.
Chris

i just bought a second cover from that other post... wish i could find it where the guy installed the zipper to his cover. I was waiting for his reply which zipper he used. LOVE that idea!

I have 700 with box. The cover is not that hard to put on or take off. There is an art to it. You have to start with it bunched a bit and in the middle. If you try to start on either end it does prove difficult. But if you start with cover in the middle and then equally pull down on each side a little at a time is slides on easily. Nonetheless. Love the zipper idea. And will find that post to try to figure out the zipper size.

I also saw this shelter at Menards and came very close to buying it. My worry was it looks like it and a strong wind would not get a long very well. I have a cement slab under my 700 and i am not sure how to anchor the shelter (pic above). I would want the cover so i don't have to use the cover during Spring through fall. Probably still use cover under it during winter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back