Bull Wheel problem

ken g

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
Went to move my RT-700 this afternoon and one of the swivel wheels will not swivel. Anyone encounter this issue. Damn thing is only a year old.

One of my wheels will do that every once in a while I just keep shaking it around to finally turn it loose. You would think for the price we pay for these smokers RQ would spend an extra dollar or two and put on some good casters!

Sorry for the stupid answer ... check to see if the wheel lock has malfunctioned. In any event warranty replacement sounds like the right approach.

Went to move my RT-700 this afternoon and one of the swivel wheels will not swivel. Anyone encounter this issue. Damn thing is only a year old.
Maybe a shot of WD-40 in the bearing area might fix the problem. Especially if you live in an area that occasionally has blowing sand/dust.

700/Bull owner here, purchased mine February 2022. After a couple of months, I noticed one of the wheels had a "flat spot". So. I called RecTeq and they sent a new wheel out to me pronto. That was fine, but the more I looked at the wheels, the more I felt like they were just cheap junk. The stock wheels are too small and low quality.

So, I embarked on the dreaded "wheel upgrade". On the newer Bulls with bent/arced legs (like mine were), I DO NOT recommend doing it. It's a PITA. You'd be money and frustration ahead by just buying the Comp Cart.

I second the Comp Cart. When I purchased my Bull almost 3 years ago I looked at the weight, the center of gravity and the fragility of the stock set up. Then I realized I would be rolling it over pavers, taking it to the neighbors and taking it on the road periodically, which made it a slam dunk decision. This thing is even tough enough to drag it across the yard. It cost a little more but is a solid choice if you are serious. The RT700 is built like a race horse. The weakest point is the wheels/legs and when they break, you have to put it down!

One of mine would only swivel in one direction. I called support and they sent a new one right away.

I had the same problem and they sent me new no questions asked. No complaints on service which sold me on RT in the first place.

No warranty on mine since I bought it from an individual. Shouldn't have to lube it after one year, but a wheel is a complicated device and only been around since the Roman Empire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back