RT-1250 Wheel options for 1250?

Bunderhill13

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I hate the wheels and the comp cart options. Anyone upgrade to wheels like gorilla grills all terrain wheels? Any advice would be appreciated. I have a 340 and 1250 but thinking of selling both as too weak of smoke and smoke tube doesn't do anything bought smokedaddy but can't keep Temps even.

I'm feelin ya on the wheels. One of the smaller ones is already wobbly after 2 months.

With regards to smoke - I place chunks of wood directly on the cast iron deflector and get all the smoke flavor I could ever want. So much so that the 1250 is going to be my only smoker once I downsize.

I'm feelin ya on the wheels. One of the smaller ones is already wobbly after 2 months.

With regards to smoke - I place chunks of wood directly on the cast iron deflector and get all the smoke flavor I could ever want. So much so that the 1250 is going to be my only smoker once I downsize.
I gotta try that! I put pellets on it like RecTeq said to do but they’re gone within 10mins

I’ve heard that the direct wood method improves the smokey flavor also. If you search the site someone sells a kit that does something similar. Whenever I sear someone wants more smoke, I always like to find out what blend of pellets they are using. Not that it will change your desires but if you haven’t tried mesquite, you may be missing out on an opportunity to taste a truly smokey pork butt, brisket, or tri-tip. A word of warning, I lived in Arizona for several years so my interpretation of smokey may offend others with milder senses of taste. I have also tried several different brands of “hickory” and ”oak” pellets and they can have very different smoke profiles. Unfortunately, price is not a consistent arbiter for good versus bad when it comes to choosing pellets, you just have to experiment of ask friends and those you can trust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back