whats your experience? 3rpm with lid sealed?

chadinsc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I remember reading about people having temp problems with the 3rpm after sealing the lid. but cant find the thread. i have the 3rpm and would like to seal my lid. i don’t go above 500 so hopefully the seal will stay stuck. do most people have problems with this combination or just a few isolated issues? thank you

I remember reading about people having temp problems with the 3rpm after sealing the lid. but cant find the thread. i have the 3rpm and would like to seal my lid. i don’t go above 500 so hopefully the seal will stay stuck. do most people have problems with this combination or just a few isolated issues? thank you
I will try to find it. If I recall the issue wasn't a seal problem after all.

Seal Thread

I will try to find it. If I recall the issue wasn't a seal problem after all.

Seal Thread
Yep, that’s the one. @Chris_G is correct- the current consensus is that the lid seals aren’t the problem. As a follow up, I’m pretty sure my problems were caused by excess ash in my fire pot. Apparently I lost my mind and forgot to clean it out after a marathon cooking weekend. Funny- I actually thought I had lost my mind long before that 🤔

Yep, that’s the one. @Chris_G is correct- the current consensus is that the lid seals aren’t the problem. As a follow up, I’m pretty sure my problems were caused by excess ash in my fire pot. Apparently I lost my mind and forgot to clean it out after a marathon cooking weekend. Funny- I actually thought I had lost my mind long before that 🤔
download.jpg

awesome! thanks guys and gals. fireblack ordered
I just put lavalock around the entire perimeter of the lid yesterday. I will say it's much nicer, quieter closing the lid and during a 14 hour Boston butt I never once saw smoke come out anywhere but the stack.
It could be my imagination, but it seemed the bark was better and it had a more rich smoke taste. The smokehouse oak comp pellets burn the perfect blue smoke.
Temps were perfect so 2 days until 3 rpm arrives!

Attachments

• 20210906_112428.jpg
    20210906_112428.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 105
I just put lavalock around the entire perimeter of the lid yesterday. I will say it's much nicer, quieter closing the lid and during a 14 hour Boston butt I never once saw smoke come out anywhere but the stack.
It could be my imagination, but it seemed the bark was better and it had a more rich smoke taste. The smokehouse oak comp pellets burn the perfect blue smoke.
Temps were perfect so 2 days until 3 rpm arrives!
looks great! it will be a few weeks until i seal my lid. need to clean her up real good for some custom work i got planned! be a good time to seal it then

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back