What's everyone cooking today?

jonny_comfort

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
So we're having part of the family over for Christmas stuff today. Just wondering what everyone's cooking today. I will try to post pics, I did an awesome brisket earlier this week and I didnt get to take pics before someone took it out of the cooler and sliced everything up. There were no survivors--uh, I mean leftovers lol.

I just put some wings on a half hour ago. After that, we're going to reverse sear some bacon wrapped filet mignon, and since everyone requested my smked bacon mac & cheese, that's going on too.

Off the 590, I'm cooking up some honey garlic brussels sprouts and homemade molten lava cake....man, I guess I cook a lot more than I thought, people keep asking for certain things to be cooked lol. Pics coming as food cooks. Let em fly, y'all, show me what you're working with today

First overnight cook and it is going great. Small brisket almost ready to pull and start the rest. Just in time to but on the breakfast bacon.

PXL_20221217_123825565.jpg

My brisket earlier this week was my first overnight cook too....awesome. There's a locally famous bbq joint in town where I live, and everyone who ate the brisket said it was better than theirs....I may be a little biased, lol, but I agreed. Yours is looking great

Nothing today since I'm golfing (once the frost delay is lifted) but plan on a ribeye roast and NY Strip roast on Christmas Day to take to my sister's for dinner. Happy holidays to all!

nothing to interesting. i smoked some spicy wild boar breakfast sausage on 180 with a smoke tube and a big fist full of hickory on the deflector sheild. i smoked that ground meat in a skillet for around 90min then heated it up to 300 to finish the meats and cook buiscuits. used the smoked ground meat to make some absolutely amazing sausage gravy. no joke it was incredible
91925B94-B0BF-4316-8AAE-67721866D09D.jpeg
6F62BEDF-13DF-49AD-8AA2-411F538D92C5.jpeg

How’d the brisket turn out? I used the “foil boat” method last week after watching the video on it, mine came out a little overdone but the taste was very good.

Looks like perfection to me. I have to try that.

@GAsmoke24 what temp did you cook and how was the skin? I haven’t done a chicken on my Bullseye yet but think it may work better than the 700 for getting chicken skin done properly.

@GAsmoke24 what temp did you cook and how was the skin? I haven’t done a chicken on my Bullseye yet but think it may work better than the 700 for getting chicken skin done properly.
@Waterboy I did 250 until it hit 135 internal, which was about 2 hours. I then turned it up to 400 until it hit 163 internal (this took 30 minutes), then took it off to rest. Skin was crispy like it would have been if I oven roasted it.

Honestly don't think I'll do a chicken another way going forward. Results were great.

Not a compromise, I prefer the chucks over brisket for many reasons.....what's your method and such?
I was busy so I cooked the simple way.
i used W sauce as a binder and seasoned with Heifer Dust.
I spritzed everynow and then when I thought about it using W sauce, hot sauce and water.
Cooked at 250 until I got the bark I wanted, about 4 hours / 270 internal.
Wrapped in butcher paper.
Started probing for tender at 200 and pulled at 205 after about 6 hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back