Bull what would be the ultimate 700? ideas?

chadinsc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
im about to start working on my 700 and was wondering what would be the ultimate mods? definitely a second or third level rack. maybe a rotisserie mod? thinking about a drop in flat top griddle that goes in place of the drip tray thats taller to come up more to grate height but still leans slightly to drain in the bucket. so guys im looking for ideas of what to do. if you have any crazy ideas let me know.

Rotisserie would be cool, but honestly....you really want direct heat for that. Your not getting that without drilling holes in the drip tray.

im about to start working on my 700 and was wondering what would be the ultimate mods? definitely a second or third level rack. maybe a rotisserie mod? thinking about a drop in flat top griddle that goes in place of the drip tray thats taller to come up more to grate height but still leans slightly to drain in the bucket. so guys im looking for ideas of what to do. if you have any crazy ideas let me know.
One of the forum members suggested the 3 RPM motor.

Rotisserie would be cool, but honestly....you really want direct heat for that. Your not getting that without drilling holes in the drip tray.
thats a good point. rotisserie may be a bad idea. but thats ok. if anyone has a possible dumb idea, dont be afraid to say it please. i would love to hear them. 3rpm sounds neat, i bet recteq would love to have an extra $50 for a new motor!

Kind of ties in with the other shelves but I think a custom second or third shelf with built in popper and chicken drum racks would be awesome. A friend of mine has a Napoleon gasser with the feature and it is AWESOME.

thats a good point. rotisserie may be a bad idea. but thats ok. if anyone has a possible dumb idea, dont be afraid to say it please. i would love to hear them. 3rpm sounds neat, i bet recteq would love to have an extra $50 for a new motor!
Recteq stopped selling the 3 RPM motor. So, no, they don't want the extra $50. 😳

Attachments

• 9CBA10B0-EA04-4921-82AE-4B54095CB713.png
    9CBA10B0-EA04-4921-82AE-4B54095CB713.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
  • AE8A3E3F-0ABE-46F1-AE1A-9054C84DDCB6.png
    AE8A3E3F-0ABE-46F1-AE1A-9054C84DDCB6.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Yep, that's what my Traeger had. Still have to cut the hopper to install it. I'm thinking it could be installed on the back of the hopper, above the auger, but not sure it's worth it. The backflap would probably have to be removed too, as it would interfere with pellet flow.

A lot more pricey than I would have thought. $15 seems about right. $40.....nope.

A bucket and bucket head vacuum will cost about the same price, so it really comes down to value added for me.

Yep, that's what my Traeger had. Still have to cut the hopper to install it. I'm thinking it could be installed on the back of the hopper, above the auger, but not sure it's worth it. The backflap would probably have to be removed too, as it would interfere with pellet flow.

A lot more pricey than I would have thought. $15 seems about right. $40.....nope.

A bucket and bucket head vacuum will cost about the same price, so it really comes down to value added for me.
i definitely agree. thats not a high priority mod to me. i like hickory for everything. but the second door is $19 and looks to be easier to work with. its held shut by a bolt that would need a nut welded in the hopper. i may do the $19 door just to see if it works.

What's the point of a rotisserie? You'll get he same smoke on rack or rotisserie, right?

We have the 700 and can’t see any reason to do mods. when I wanted a rotisserie, I bought the Bullseye, 380 and added the Weber Rotisserie Ring. It has been awesome! Chicken and pork loin on the rotisserie has been game changing! It’s a good reason to buy a Bullseye to go with your 700.

I ha
We have the 700 and can’t see any reason to do mods. when I wanted a rotisserie, I bought the Bullseye, 380 and added the Weber Rotisserie Ring. It has been awesome! Chicken and pork loin on the rotisserie has been game changing! It’s a good reason to buy a Bullseye to go with your 700.
I have a Webber kettle with the rotisserie ring - it's awesome.

Pellet dump doesn't bother me. I don't know that I care what pellets are loaded as long as they smoke.
That's where I'm at too. I don't really pay attention to what's in the hopper.

If I want a particular type of smoke/flavor, I add a smoke tube with pellets and wood chips.

I also don't see any reason to do mods. My 700 does everything I need as it was delivered. Love it as is. I have 8 other cookers so I can do pretty much anything in terms of outdoor cooking. However, I do have a Weber rotisserie ring for my 22" kettle. Maybe I need to buy a Bullseye for it! 😂🤣

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back