what other interest do you have?

Just a few of the things I try to make time for & enjoy aside from grillin..

Boating (on the water in NJ bay side shore area)
My dogs (2 Yorkies.. well 1 is a mix w/Bichon)
Swimming (small pool at the moment)
My 2010 Camaro SS moded i.e. cammed, etc.
Automotive all forms (former master auto & diesel tech in past life)
Diving (certified)
Enduro off road riding (2009 KTM XCW 300)
Motorcycle riding (2009 Harley Superglide)
Jeeping (2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara)
Shooting & Gun collecting (too much to list)
Camping when time permits
Submarine cable telecom technologies (supports the above habits)

It is a Gold Nugget Pleco. It was sold to me as an L-177. They are in the catfish family. Here is Spot #2 (Snowball Pleco - L201 probably). I have others but no pics since they like to stay hidden.

pleco2.jpg

It is a Gold Nugget Pleco. It was sold to me as an L-177. They are in the catfish family. Here is Spot #2 (Snowball Pleco - L201 probably). I have others but no pics since they like to stay hidden.

View attachment 11250
Beautiful setup! Love the Nerite snails, too.

On the saltwater side I have a ton of coral, mostly the soft variety. Here is an old pic of my GMK (Grand Master Krak) zoanthid polyps. They go for around $100 to $200 per polyp.

View attachment 11251
Ah-may-zing. Sadly, my budget, time, and space never aligned for anything like that. My setups were bush-league in comparison.

Ah-may-zing. Sadly, my budget, time, and space never aligned for anything like that. My setups were bush-league in comparison.

Saltwater has gotten crazy expensive over the last few years. With a lot of areas being shut down due to environmental concerns, it has really pushed prices up. Hawaii was recently shut down for fish collection. A yellow tang used to go for around $40, now I've seen them go for $200.

Just a few of the things I try to make time for & enjoy aside from grillin..

Boating (on the water in NJ bay side shore area)
My dogs (2 Yorkies.. well 1 is a mix w/Bichon)
Swimming (small pool at the moment)
My 2010 Camaro SS moded i.e. cammed, etc.
Automotive all forms (former master auto & diesel tech in past life)
Diving (certified)
Enduro off road riding (2009 KTM XCW 300)
Motorcycle riding (2009 Harley Superglide)
Jeeping (2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara)
Shooting & Gun collecting (too much to list)
Camping when time permits
Submarine cable telecom technologies (supports the above habits)
Submarine cables technology?? I spent 22 years as a copper cable repairman- started when DSL was the newest technology and just recently moved over to our construction department to get more involved with fiber. Fiber has been real cool to learn and how it has changed our backbone in the past 10 years is mind blowing. If you know your telecoms I’m in the greater ATL region.

Submarine cables technology?? I spent 22 years as a copper cable repairman- started when DSL was the newest technology and just recently moved over to our construction department to get more involved with fiber. Fiber has been real cool to learn and how it has changed our backbone in the past 10 years is mind blowing. If you know your telecoms I’m in the greater ATL region.

Yes.. I have 20 years supporting our global network and have had various positions throughout. Started when the network was deployed back in 2001 as a NOC Engineer then supervisor for a few and moved into project management for a few years. Then ended up on my team in 2010 where we support the equipment and the submarine cables in all aspects. Really started in fiber back then so limited on the copper stuff although have some experience there.

I've been a homebrewer for over 20 years. Much like cooking/smoking, you get to enjoy and share the finished product with everyone.
I also love music. I play guitar, mandolin and am trying banjo. I don't play professionally but every Wednesday night (band night) we meet at a friends house for some good food, beer and music. It's a great hump day activity, it's creative and great for stress. Gonna keep me younger longer. :)

After a significant surgery, I am out of commission from just about everything for another 3-4 weeks. Including cooking. If not cooking, I also enjoy brewing my own beer (a hobby I just got back into earlier this year), and riding my road bicycle.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

After a significant surgery, I am out of commission from just about everything for another 3-4 weeks. Including cooking. If not cooking, I also enjoy brewing my own beer (a hobby I just got back into earlier this year), and riding my road bicycle.
Sounds like a good time to drink some of that brew, get well.

I wish I had an old one. I'm more of an Orvis guy myself nowadays.
I love the slowness of the older Winston's made on Fisher blanks. They are so delicate and smooth. I'm up to six now; 3 6wt's, 2 4wt'2, and a super early 3 wt. Keeping an eye out for a 5 and a 7 and I'll be done with the collection. Need to get rid of a few dupes though.

I used to fish out of a lodge just down the road (and take a right) from the Winston "factory" in Twin Bridges. I've told myself that one day I'll convince myself I need one. Beautiful rods.
I'm a bit jealous of that! Great spot to be for sure. Lived in Jackson Hole for about 10 years and would head that direction from time to time.
If you like amazing slow rods, find a Winston with a serial number less than 10k, or even better without a serial number.
Tight lines!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back