what other interest do you have?

Maybe there should be another thread started; I bet we've all settled on a few websites we like better than all the millions available out there. If you were going to help someone get started in one (or all) of your hobbies - which sites would you recommend?
That's a big open ended questions. For me, it depends on which vehicles I have, as each one has its own Facebook groups and websites. And for the most part, Facebook groups have taken over internet forums, and almost made them obsolete. When I'm looking for a new group for information on specific vehicles, I look for Facebook groups first. If I don't like what I find on Facebook, or am waiting on approval, I will look for forums where I can start searching for information.

There are also those who, even within the same specific items or hobby, will favor one website that the next person despises. Usually due to experiences with other members, or how the group is moderated.

That's a big open ended questions. For me, it depends on which vehicles I have, as each one has its own Facebook groups and websites. And for the most part, Facebook groups have taken over internet forums, and almost made them obsolete. When I'm looking for a new group for information on specific vehicles, I look for Facebook groups first. If I don't like what I find on Facebook, or am waiting on approval, I will look for forums where I can start searching for information.

There are also those who, even within the same specific items or hobby, will favor one website that the next person despises. Usually due to experiences with other members, or how the group is moderated.
Yeah, well I think there's a few people out there that hate this site as well - but here we are. 😁
Don't overthink it; it's like random link of the day, but curated by our forum members.
Participation is not mandatory - you don't have to post links or click posted links, I just thought it may be fun to see what else people are doing/reading/learning.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/ - Beer Making (yes there's some know-it-alls here)
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php - Non-denominational BBQ forum

Yeah, well I think there's a few people out there that hate this site as well - but here we are. 😁
Don't overthink it; it's like random link of the day, but curated by our forum members.
Participation is not mandatory - you don't have to post links or click posted links, I just thought it may be fun to see what else people are doing/reading/learning.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/ - Beer Making (yes there's some know-it-alls here)
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php - Non-denominational BBQ forum

Would love to get into Beer Making if I didn't have so many hobbies I can't keep up with already!

I don't do social media, but I do watch some news so that I'm not hit with surprises.

Anyways, the project I'm into right now is turning my 2003 Tacoma into an Outdoor Adventure truck.
So far, I have the truck. :ROFLMAO:
The idea is to use it for camping, fishing, exploring, gold panning (new hobby), etc.
I'm not ready to scratch up my Ram yet.

Some past hobbies included model trains (HO and N scale), then homebrewing (even grew my own Cascade hops for a time), followed by flying RC planes...but the one hobby/obsession that's stood the test of time is golf...30+ years. I also like the occasional video game (Xbox). I used to play ultimate Frisbee (for about 25 yrs during lunch time at work) until my surgically-repaired knee couldn't take it any more.

i had a hopped up cobra 29 cb in my last truck with a 100 watt texas star amp. that probably makes a ham guy mad understandably. it worked great though. i don’t have any rc cars yet but im excited for my 3.5 year old son to get into them so i can also. i have been looking at the new jeep rc cars they are amazing they have solid axles with differentials and are actually driven bye drive shafts. i want that! im a jeep guy afterall.

4F6794DF-BFA2-4B6D-BED4-7D52A600B377.png

i had a hopped up cobra 29 cb in my last truck with a 100 watt texas star amp. that probably makes a ham guy mad understandably. it worked great though. i don’t have any rc cars yet but im excited for my 3.5 year old son to get into them so i can also. i have been looking at the new jeep rc cars they are amazing they have solid axles with differentials and are actually driven bye drive shafts. i want that! im a jeep guy afterall.

View attachment 17222
CQ skip land

Would love to see some of your photos, but I don’t use the social media platforms so can’t access Instagram, Twitter, etc. Just an old-school guy.
im the same way jim. no social media. but sometimes i can view stuff people send me. i was able to view his pictures. not many of them yet. but they looked to be professional quality to my amateur eye

I've aged out of a lot of my hobbies, used to build canoes, camping, hiking, and woodworking. Now it's mostly fishing, reading, and watching the yard die. Doing a lot of fishing with the grand kids.

im the same way jim. no social media. but sometimes i can view stuff people send me. i was able to view his pictures. not many of them yet. but they looked to be professional quality to my amateur eye
Just tried again, but it wants me to either sign up or sign in with Facebook. Just cen’t win.

I enjoy cigars and grilling. Those are my 2 big hobbies. I mean I have a weber summit, weber performer, rt 340 and rt 1250. Thing I'm addicted. Plus we never use out oven. Grilling season is year round. Even in negative Temps. And cigars I have a humidor with about 400+ cigars. Everything from diesel to Padron and Olivia and others. Try to smoke as often as I can. In both ways. Grilling and cigars

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back