What kind of ribs do you prefer?

Syd

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Which ribs do you and the family prefer? Babybacks or St Louis style spareribs.

My wife prefers baby back, will eat both no problem, and I prefer Saint Louis style, and will eat both no problem. I expect I prefer SL in part because they are more of a challenge to trim and cook, plus I can start to nibble on the trimmings from the spare ribs about 3 hours into the cook!

Both really, but we get BB's pretty much all the time so I guess they'd be the favorites. SL style seems to come out greasier although I do like them overcooked with just S&P once in a while as opposed to BB's that we like glazed. I've done 4 or 5 SL racks and maybe 15 racks of BB's since I got the RT last April.

I like to get the full spare rib, then trim to St. Louis style. Plenty of meat going on there. I do agree they are fattier than BB's. I try to trim as much fat surrounding the ribs that I can and cook the good. These tend to go down to fall off the bone, whereas with BB's I don't cook that long and they end up with some chew off the bone.

My wife prefers baby back, will eat both no problem, and I prefer Saint Louis style, and will eat both no problem. I expect I prefer SL in part because they are more of a challenge to trim and cook, plus I can start to nibble on the trimmings from the spare ribs about 3 hours into the cook!
They all eat good!!

Beef

beef rib.jpg

Beef plate ribs as above are #1
second place - st louis - very distant second place
Baby backs are fine - they just normally cost so much - we buy St Louis and trim them, make sausage from the trimmings.

Which ribs do you and the family prefer? Babybacks or St Louis style spareribs.
If I am cooking wet ribs at low and slow I go with St. Louis ribs. My wife does really good baby back ribs at a higher temperature with just SPOG on them.

My wife and I love the baby backs! Neighbors always wonder over for ribs when they smell the Bull smoking away!

My lovely bride and I prefer the spare ribs St. Louis style. I think we both like the slightly fatter meat. Just seems to have more flavor. This is based on all of the smoke houses we have eaten at over the last few decades. Now that I have taken over the smokin maybe that will change. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back