Stampede What Just Happened

stevrons

So we were on our third grilling with the RT-590. Totally newbies never done it in our lives. We had a nice first grill with some bbq meatballs. Beautiful second grill with a brisket doused in the rectec heifer dust. Kids, wife, in-laws, everyone loving it.

Third meal we thought let's do chop steak. We always loved the Texas Roadhouse chop steak (called Road Kill) and so we duplicated it, smoked some mushrooms, some onions, some potatoes, got the cream gravy going. So we put it all on the plate, I sit down start taking a bite. And I just look up at my wife confused. Like really confused. She's looking at me like "what's wrong baby?" but no words are exchanged.

Eventually I broke the silence, "What just happened? Did we just mess around and become grill masters up in here??!!!"

It was awesome...just killer!

We have 6 kids, I am not in a stage of life to be watching over meat for 12 hours and adding wood, and all that jazz. I have just about enough time to put food on the grill and come back later to eat it. I researched the jones out of this purchase and am so very glad I made the call on this unit and this company.

Tremendous product for those of us who don't know jack about smoking. Can I get a witness ?

Attachments

• IMG_2550.JPG
    IMG_2550.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 130
That's great! Welcome!! Being in California, I've never heard of this dish! You'll be surprised at how creative you will want to become.

Congrats on your positive experience. I‘ve been grilling for most of my life and I completely agree on the “lowered“ level of monitoring and babysitting for the RecTeq smokers. My family and friends can’t believe I am actually engage in the socializing that occurs diring food fests and that I can join them. I think they thought I was anti-social with my old style cookers that required more attention. LOL. Grill on brother!!!

I just love this story. Before buying a pellet grill, I was getting excellent results on a stick burner and a Big Green Egg. But it often involved a lot of work on my part. I bought my first recteq for essetially the same reason as you, looking to get most of the results of a fussy cook with only the minimum of effort on my part. Congrats!

Fresh off the grill, final product.

Attachments

• FA9CBA69-74D7-4B96-BF43-55D424FE43B6.jpeg
    FA9CBA69-74D7-4B96-BF43-55D424FE43B6.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 93
  • C7421CFC-68CA-459C-B69A-F14F76A58DB3.jpeg
    C7421CFC-68CA-459C-B69A-F14F76A58DB3.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 103
  • 6DD7E37F-65E4-4C6A-91E6-C7B438E05863.jpeg
    6DD7E37F-65E4-4C6A-91E6-C7B438E05863.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 96

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back