What is your reaction to " Ray's Club" ?

For someone just getting into pellet grill cooking on a recteq, it might have value. But for those of us that have years of experience, have all the merchandise they need, have been to Academy, and wouldn’t be afraid to compete head-to-head in a cook-off with Ray, I’m passing. Notability absent in the video was Chef Greg. Don’t know what is happening there, but if Chef Greg was the feature, I might be interested. He’s the real deal that one could learn from, whatever their cooking experience is.

For someone just getting into pellet grill cooking on a recteq, it might have value. But for those of us that have years of experience, have all the merchandise they need, have been to Academy, and wouldn’t be afraid to compete head-to-head in a cook-off with Ray, I’m passing. Notability absent in the video was Chef Greg. Don’t know what is happening there, but if Chef Greg was the feature, I might be interested. He’s the real deal that one could learn from, whatever their cooking experience is.
Sounds like you'd get back 200$ or so in merch and supplies, out of your $480 a year... There is that. I just thought it was interesting they would go this way.... The 500 people is a test-run I assume.

Lifetime Premium membership here was money well spent in ideas, recipes, and support. $480 a year for some swag and Youtube videos doesn't seem worth it to me. Just my two cents...

I say no, I don't see the value. I will be honest, when I first got my 590, I watched Recteq Youtube channel for recipes, tips etc, HOWEVER, I quickly quit watching as they too dang long. I don't really get any good info from them and there are a ton of quality videos on youtube.
And of course the wonderful cooks in this forum!

I say no, I don't see the value. I will be honest, when I first got my 590, I watched Recteq Youtube channel for recipes, tips etc, HOWEVER, I quickly quit watching as they too dang long. I don't really get any good info from them and there are a ton of quality videos on youtube.
And of course the wonderful cooks in this forum!
Who could forget:
200.gif

WHY? No interest. As others posted when I bought my 700 I was into the whole Recteq experience. Watched FB and other stuff. Lost interest. Just do my own thing now. I am done buying there stuff. the 700 is all I need and the Bullseye is a POS. No interest in the new version as it is too much money

Last edited:
IF you joined "Ray's Club", and membership equated to a discount on Academy, then I would be more inclined. I'm sure they are going to provide a fair return in swag, but as others have said, you can only store so much stuff. RecTeq was in attendance at the CASA Home Show in Grovetown, GA this weekend, and Chef John was here both days doing a demo, including the BIG RecTeq trailer. Well received, RT-HQ neighborhood Home Show. I personally enjoyed the "samples" myself.

I cannot find a need to join. I am not saying I am perfect, but making discoveries is fun for me. Also, I have to stay from sugar and prepared flours etc... so, I mix my own and enjoy my creations. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back