What is your go to rub brand for Pork? For Beef?

geneseohawk

Just curious what your go to store bought rub brands you like for pork and for beef? I like to go more than just salt and pepper.

Pork: Famous Daves Rib Rub (inexpensive, you can find it anywhere and it tastes delicious)

Beef: Salt, pepper & Lawry's (inexpensive, you can find it anywhere and it tastes delicious)

Oh boy, down the rabbit hole we go. :)
download.png

Killer hogs the bbq rub for pork
spog salt pepper garlic for beef

Meat Church.

Brisket is salt and pepper only.

Honestly over the years I have found 3 rubs that I absolutely loved.....then over time they were discontinued.

I no longer will buy store bought rubs knowing that I will find another one that I love just to have it discontinued. I now make my own from recipes I found online. I can make as much or as little as I want and tweak the recipe by adding stuff I want or removing stuff I don't want and will never go back to buying rubs.

I'm not trying to talk you out of store bought rubs just mentioning the pros of making your own.

I seriously doubt Meat Church is going away anytime soon, especially with the Traeger collaboration on pellets.

If they do, I hope Matt releases the recipes.

I seriously doubt Meat Church is going away anytime soon, especially with the Traeger collaboration on pellets.

If they do, I hope Matt releases the recipes.
None of the ones that I liked had the company go under. The company just discontinued the rub that I liked. So Meat Church probably won't go under but if you love one particular rub they make they may discontinue it is what I was saying.

I usually go SPOG and or make my own rubs. I will also use some of KOSMO brands for something different.

Honestly over the years I have found 3 rubs that I absolutely loved.....then over time they were discontinued.

I no longer will buy store bought rubs knowing that I will find another one that I love just to have it discontinued. I now make my own from recipes I found online. I can make as much or as little as I want and tweak the recipe by adding stuff I want or removing stuff I don't want and will never go back to buying rubs.

I'm not trying to talk you out of store bought rubs just mentioning the pros of making your own.
Do you have any good rub recipes you can share with us? ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back