"What does THAT mean ?"

DenStinett

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Been tracking my 700 since I received the " Your order has been shipped" e-mail on Tuesday

Today:

10/15/2020 10:43 A.M.Gaffney, SC, United StatesDeparture
10/15/2020 10:36 A.M.Gaffney, SC, United StatesAn incident has occurred which may result in a service delay

What in the #e[[ does THAT mean ? ? ?
Guess it means .... don't let the Driver leave until the Grill is completely inspected ! ! !

I had several of those messages during the shipment of my grill. There was nothing wrong with the grill at all. I was told it could mean any number of things. I had it a couple of times along the way to the trucking terminal and then twice at the terminal. The terminal told me a trailer had a flat one day and a driver called in sick another day. I finally asked if I could just pick it up. It’s frustrating to watch when you are anxiously awaiting a new toy.

Yikes. Though judging by the timestamp it looks like you might receive it just 7 seconds later than the original schedule :)

Waterboy nailed it. UPS Freight does this quite often. Below is a portion of the tracking history on a shipment to my business. It took us a week after the initial appointment was missed to get our freight. Frustrating but hang in there.

10/13/2020 12:41 P.M.New Orleans, LA, United StatesA delivery appointment has been scheduled with the consignee
10/09/2020 2:06 P.M.New Orleans, LA, United StatesA delivery appointment has been scheduled with the consignee
10/07/2020 8:25 P.M.New Orleans, LA, United StatesShipment has arrived at a Service Center
10/07/2020 1:26 P.M.Memphis, TN, United StatesDeparture
10/07/2020 10:41 A.M.New Orleans, LA, United StatesA delivery appointment has been scheduled with the consignee
10/07/2020 10:30 A.M.Memphis, TN, United StatesAn incident has occurred which may result in a service delay
10/06/2020 7:26 A.M.Memphis, TN, United StatesShipment has arrived at a Service Center
10/06/2020 2:40 A.M.Saint Louis, MO, United StatesDeparture
10/06/2020 2:13 A.M.Saint Louis, MO, United StatesShipment has arrived at a Service Center
10/05/2020 9:11 P.M.South Holland, IL, United StatesDeparture
10/05/2020 10:03 A.M.South Holland, IL, United StatesAn incident has occurred which may result in a service delay

Thanks Guys, that's what I thought
I Drive Truck .... been at it for over forty years
Have seen and heard just about every excuse here is ....#e[[[, I made up most of them myself :whistle:
Was saying to my Wife last night, " I'll bet one of the Tires on that Trailer wanted to 'social distance' itself from the other, and ran across the Yard to get away ! "
One thing I know for a fact .... Trucking is NOT an exact science
You can't always schedule a delivery, even if the Depot is just across the Street !

Been tracking out RT-700 daily, since it left South Carolina via UPS Freight on the 13th
It arrived at their Salt Lake / West Valley Terminal Sunday @ 18:11PM
Called UPS last night to verify it was still on-track
"Yes, it shows its in Salt Lake City, I'll have them call you by 9am tomorrow"
10am this-morning .... still no calls for UPS .... and .... IT'S STILL SITTING THERE, over 36 hour, and STILL, not "out for delivery" !
Called UPS this morning ....
"It will be delivered tomorrow, between 1 and 5"
"Why, you've had it for over 36 hours"
"We're crazy busy"
"AND"
"You'll see it tomorrow between 1 and 5"
"But UPS Tracking shows TODAY by 9:00PM"
"You gotta understand, we've been real busy, you'll see it TOMORROW between 1 and 5"
"You've had this on your Dock for over 36 hours, why isn't it being delivered TODAY between 1 and 5 ? It's not 5 yet, HELL, it's not even 1 YET, and you're less than an hour up the Road from me"
"We've been really busy, you should see it here .... but if you want it today, COME GET IT or you'll see it TOMORROW between 1 and 5 !" CLICK ! ! !
Now mind you, there was a lot more arguing during that call with them, that was the "hi-points""
They said they called to make my delivery appointment, but no-one answered, so THEY went ahead and set the appointment for Wednesday (not Tuesday as it shows in their Tracking)
Makes perfect sense to ME !
Yeah, UPS ...
Un Professional Service

Call RecTec to verify what Phone number they sent to UPS
"949-***-****"
"Yeah, that's right, so how did UPS get my number as 909-***-****"
"Yeah, that's a good question, the 4 and the 0 aren't even close, so they really can't say they were transposed or there was a Typo now can they ?"
"No, not really Hey, no reflection on you Guys, but UPS really sucks I use to be a Terminal Manager for a Trucking Co. just around the corner from them, and there's no way I'd want any shipment sitting on MY Dock for 50 some-odd hours Hell, I didn't want it there for 8 hours !"
"Yeah, we're sorry'bout this, do you want me to get into it with them on this ?"
"No .... there's not much that can be done about it today anyway, might even make things worse ! But I WILL be checking the thing out VERY carefully tomorrow !"
"Yeah, I don't blame ya' Let us know if you need any further help with this"
Now THAT's Professional Service

Well ... I guess we'll see our RT-700 TOMORROW ! ! !

Just put that good looking Shephard on the inspection team. That should make it more exciting for everyone. My Goldens aren't that picky. The Shephard we used to have, well very different level of observation.

Just put that good looking Shephard on the inspection team
Thanks for that BB
Sad to say, we lost Rommel on the 28th
He's my Profile Photo to honor Him
He was a GREAT Friend .... loyal and as gentle as I am sure your Beautiful Goldens ARE
That's interesting .... you went from a GSD to Goldens and we went from our Golden to Rommie !

Here's one of my favorite Pics of Rommel:
bCRlaB4.jpg

@DenStinett were you listening in on my calls to UPS months ago when I got mine?! That sounds like the exact conversation and excuses. It is certainly frustrating but once that grill shows up your frustration will turn to joy and excitement.

@DenStinett were you listening in on my calls to UPS months ago when I got mine?! That sounds like the exact conversation and excuses. It is certainly frustrating but once that grill shows up your frustration will turn to joy and excitement.
Thank You for that WaterBoy
We'll let you know tomorrow !

Thanks for that BB
Sad to say, we lost Rommel on the 28th
He's my Profile Photo to honor Him
He was a GREAT Friend .... loyal and as gentle as I am sure your Beautiful Goldens ARE
That's interesting .... you went from a GSD to Goldens and we went from our Golden to Rommie !

Here's one of my favorite Pics of Rommel:
bCRlaB4.jpg
Sorry for your loss of Rommel, that's a great picture. 🇺🇸

Brings back memories. Many years ago (over 40) I had a Doberman that I named Rommel. Smartest darn dog that I have ever encountered in my life. I was a farmer back then, and he rode everywhere with me in my pickup truck. And if I left him in the truck to go in a store, etc., he would move over behind the wheel as if to say “Go ahead, I dare you to mess with this truck.”

Got'er together
Yeah, that was FUN !
Doing the initial Burn-in now
Will take and post Pics in a new Thread tomorrow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back