what does everyone use to clean the grill

Armando

Hello everyone, whats the safest and best cleaner to use inside the grill? do you all remove the sticky smoke residue?
thanks for your help

I will use a putty knife after a cook to get to the baked on goo from time to time, but not very often. Also works well for scraping the trough for the grease bucket. Have had my 340 for over two years now and haven't needed or used any type of cleaner inside the barrel. Outside, Barkeepers friend works great however.

I've never used any type of cleaning products on the interior of any grill I've owned over many decades. Every now and then, I use an old drywall knife to scrape anything that may flake off or plastic putty knife if it's painted, but otherwise leave it alone.

I don't use any chemicals on the inside of my RecTeq Bull. I use a putty knife to scrap the drip pan and if there is any build up else where then use a shop vac to vacuum everything up. For my grates I use a ball of aluminum foil to clean them up. Quick. Easy. And safe.

I use a grill brush on the grates, but will take them out and soak them every few months to get them really clean. Like others, BK on the exterior with a shot of stainless steel cleaner afterwards.

I have used LA's Awesome on the temp probe to keep it clean but that's about it.

I use empty pasta or pickle jars in the grease bucket. When full, I put the lid on and toss them. Greatly minimizes clean up of the bucket.

Hello everyone, whats the safest and best cleaner to use inside the grill? do you all remove the sticky smoke residue?
thanks for your help
I use an sos pad on the grates after 2 or 3 cooks, works well. I don’t do anything inside the barrel except vacuum the ash. Like another Recteqer said bar keepers friend works awesome on the outside, just finished doing mine.

I will use a putty knife after a cook to get to the baked on goo from time to time, but not very often. Also works well for scraping the trough for the grease bucket. Have had my 340 for over two years now and haven't needed or used any type of cleaner inside the barrel. Outside, Barkeepers friend works great however.
I always stuff my grease bucket 🪣 with paper works great easy cleanup

Yep, anything that looks like it may fall on food gets scraped otherwise let it roll.
Bar keepers on exterior
Yep, anything that looks like it may fall on food gets scraped otherwise let it roll.
Bar keepers on exterior
I use an sos pad on the grates after 2 or 3 cooks, works well. I don’t do anything inside the barrel except vacuum the ash. Like another Recteqer said bar keepers friend works awesome on the outside, just finished doing mine.
I see Bar Keepers is popular for the outside. There are different versions of the product. Is the Soft Cleanser (Gold Bottle) the product being used?

thanks for your help
For the grates, I soak them in a repurposed drywall mud mixing tub like the attached photo. Use soapy water and let it soak for a while. Scrub with a stainless steel scrub pad. Even the most burned on stuff easily comes clean.

For the outside, nothing works better than Bar Keeper's Friend. I like using the paste. Let it sit for a while on the smoke residue and wipe away.

Other than vacuuming the dust away, I I see no need to clean the inside of the oven.

Attachments

• ItemImage-263011-q5vld2-3w3jwg-cuvq4z.jpg
    ItemImage-263011-q5vld2-3w3jwg-cuvq4z.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 87
i use the gold bottle (soft cleanser) i didn’t know they made different kinds. the gold works but is dang slow! i could easily skin a beaver quicker than cleaning my side shelf with that stuff. but it works

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back