What did you buy for your 590

Looks nice. How does it hold up against strong winds? Is it anchored to your deck?

Thanks, It's anchored to the deck with (3) 1/4" x 4" stainless lag bolts on each post through the Ipe decking into 2x8 framing underneath. It's not going anywhere. We've had a few 50-60 wind storms and it held solid.
IMG_3260.JPG

Last edited:
I’m enjoying the 590 so far. What else have you all gotten or done to yours? I’ve added the front shelf, vent covers, grill cover, smoker tube, gaskets around the lid and vents. Also, got some corner guards so the corners of the pellet hopper wouldn’t snag and rip the cover. Thinking of getting a jerky rack for extra room for things like wings.

Yes I know the handles are upside down. Personal preference as it was more comfortable to grab to open and close the lid.
Where did you get the corner guards?

I’m enjoying the 590 so far. What else have you all gotten or done to yours? I’ve added the front shelf, vent covers, grill cover, smoker tube, gaskets around the lid and vents. Also, got some corner guards so the corners of the pellet hopper wouldn’t snag and rip the cover. Thinking of getting a jerky rack for extra room for things like wings.

Yes I know the handles are upside down. Personal preference as it was more comfortable to grab to open and close the lid.

I ordered the Veranda cover off Amazon and it fits pretty well on the 590. Relatively inexpensive and material feels durable.
I got a Veranda cover for my Weber. It looked nice at first, then within a 1.5 years it dry rotted, faded and started falling appart. They replaced it under warranty, the 2nd one fell apart within another year or so, now out of warranty so in the trash it went. I will never purchase another Veranda cover again, since for me, they just don't hold up.

IMG_0145.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG

Last edited:
Where did you get the corner guards?
I got it off Amazon. They have many different brands so pick one that you like. Should protect against possibly ripping the grill cover and overall wear and tear because I noticed it likes to snag on those sharp corners. I attached a pic of what they look like.

Attachments

• EC54541E-0D88-4E7A-806F-BFDD0096CC05.jpeg
    EC54541E-0D88-4E7A-806F-BFDD0096CC05.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 126
I got it off Amazon. They have many different brands so pick one that you like. Should protect against possibly ripping the grill cover and overall wear and tear because I noticed it likes to snag on those sharp corners. I attached a pic of what they look like.
Those look like I good idea, I too noticed how sharp the corners of the pellet hop lid are. As well, the cookbox lid stops that stick up may damage the cover over time, I've been laying a rubber back carpet runner over them before putting the cover on. I use the runner as a mat for the grill so it's always with it.

Last edited:
Not a big purchase but got a 19"x24" non-stick Frogmat from Amazon delivered for $20. Fits the 590 grate perfectly.

Looks nice. How does it hold up against strong winds? Is it anchored to your deck?
It has an opening in the top so it takes pretty strong wind to make me nervous. But I have been nervous a few times. The top is easy to take off and my son helps me move it to the garage when the weather is threatening too much. I have not anchored it but it has two holes in each foot/base for that purpose.

Finally added the all-weather smoke vents recently. I had to reshape the sides since they were leaving a horrible gap.
20210110_131538.jpg

Yea the vent does not seal well against the grill. Were you able to seal it good? I had to cut some high heat gasket and that sealed it tight.
I put a bead of rtv under the lip of each vent and then added more, if I could see daylight.

Finally added the all-weather smoke vents recently. I had to reshape the sides since they were leaving a horrible gap.View attachment 8167
From what I understand, these vents were designed for the curved hood on the RT-340, therefore; since the 590 is flat, they don't sit flush with the hood. Is that you're experence and why you had to reshape the sides since they were somewhat curved in shape?

Where’d you get corner guards? Ripped my 700 cover first try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back