What all are you smoking for Thanksgiving?

Turkey breast and cinnamon bourbon apples today, apple pie, butternut squash pie, and Chex Mix on Wednesday, spatchcock turkey, creamed corn pudding, spoon bread, and yams on Thursday.

Wife canceled the family gathering so probably will do the ribs I bought to make today or tomorrow. Had not purchased a turkey yet.

Did a "Thanksgiving Preview" dinner last night with the immediate family. I was responsible for the turkey breast. Just went with the basic Recteq recipe plus some Casanova's rub at 275*. Also threw fresh thyme and sage in with the butter when foiling it up for the final step of the cook. Came out amazing. Juicy, tender, tasty, loved by all.

Wife canceled the family gathering so probably will do the ribs I bought to make today or tomorrow. Had not purchased a turkey yet.
Our ‘normal’ Thanksgiving is canceled as well. It will only be the wife and I, plus our youngest son who arrives here from college at The Citadel this Wednesday. They have been locked down tight, no leave, testing weekly, so we expect a safe safe holiday. I‘m still, for the most part, cooking as normal, so we will have more leftovers than normal!

Will be doing a spatchcocked 7 lb turkey breast, no room on the 340 for anything else so the rest will be done in the house. Just as well, it's supposed to rain all day. Going to try butter and herb in and on the turkey. Trying to find a cook time for it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back