Well, pulled the trigger...

Texas_TL

Well, it's official, I pulled the trigger on the RT-1250 AND the RT-340. Since I was planning to buy the 100 lbs of pellets with my grill, I calculated everything out and I effectively traded 1 bag of pellets and $320 for the RT-340. I figure I'll try to sell it locally and if not, I'll keep it at the airport in my hangar for cooking out there with friends and may eventually buy a battery / inverter to take it camping occasionally. I also added in the GrillGrates and 2 of the mesh mats.

Now, the hard part...waiting for it all to be delivered. Of course now that I ordered, I wish I had done it earlier!

I've seen some people received theirs in TX in as few as 2-3 days after ordering and others a week and a half. If it arrives on Friday, that will be awesome. I know it's not likely, but one can hope. :)

How difficult is it to move while packed? I'm picturing needing to move this thing piece by piece to my back patio from the curb in front of my house.

Awesome congrats.. you will enjoy both it sounds like it if you decide to keep the 340.

It would be best to move piece by piece or a few at a time going from front to back if you don't have a nice way to roll it otherwise. Two people for the barrel but it can be done with one if you really had/want to. It is just awkward not that heavy.

Be sure to post pics & enjoy when it arrives!!

How difficult is it to move while packed? I'm picturing needing to move this thing piece by piece to my back patio from the curb in front of my house.
The 1250 that was dumped in my driveway by Estes with no advance warning required tearing the box and pallet down into manageable pieces to lug into my garage. It was definitely not a one person job without doing so.

When I built the whole thing, I asked my wife to help me stand it up and after about 30 seconds, she declined. Once I had my son in law swing by to put the 1250 on it's wheels, it was easy to roll around and park.

I transfered mine to a furniture roller then pushed it to my shop for assembly. You won't move it by yourself without it on a roller of some sort. Even part by part will be tough by yourself because the bulk of the weight is the body of the grill and it's awkward to pickup.

I ordered late Sunday night and had it Friday afternoon. I know people have had problems with Estas but they were great for me.

Good luck.

Well, it doesn't look like it will arrive today. Maybe tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, the wait is going to be rough.

I am a little concerned about the initial moving / setting up. My driveway is relatively steep, so I'm assuming Estes won't help get it very far.

I am a little concerned about the initial moving / setting up. My driveway is relatively steep, so I'm assuming Estes won't help get it very far.
It depends. Some people have good Estes people and some don't. Mine was great. They set up a delivery window and they used a pallet jack and brought it into my garage for me.

My driver called and looked at Google imagery. I talked him on to where I wanted it dropped and how he could turn around. It was the best freight delivery I have ever had and I've had more than a few.

I didn't want to let mine sit at the Estes warehouse for 2 days pending delivery. As soon as it showed that it arrived at the warehouse I called them and arranged a time for me to pick it up.

I didn't want to let mine sit at the Estes warehouse for 2 days pending delivery. As soon as it showed that it arrived at the warehouse I called them and arranged a time for me to pick it up.
I was considering doing the same. The warehouse it is headed to is about an hour from me, but at this point I'm not sure it will arrive even there in time for me to pick up before the weekend. I received a shipping text from Estes this morning that says "Earliest delivery Nov 1-5". If I can pick it up at the warehouse tomorrow, I may do that. Otherwise, I'll wait for them.

In Texas as well. On delivery I had them drop it into the garage for assembly, a $10 bill made it so there was no exception from him.

I managed to build it in the garage and wheel through kitchen to the back yard. Have the comp cart. It took quite the power lift to lift the 1250 and set it into the opening of the comp cart

Without taking the pallet apart, you wont be able to lift it without a jack or at least 2 strong people

Well, it's official, I pulled the trigger on the RT-1250 AND the RT-340. Since I was planning to buy the 100 lbs of pellets with my grill, I calculated everything out and I effectively traded 1 bag of pellets and $320 for the RT-340. I figure I'll try to sell it locally and if not, I'll keep it at the airport in my hangar for cooking out there with friends and may eventually buy a battery / inverter to take it camping occasionally. I also added in the GrillGrates and 2 of the mesh mats.

Now, the hard part...waiting for it all to be delivered. Of course now that I ordered, I wish I had done it earlier!

I've seen some people received theirs in TX in as few as 2-3 days after ordering and others a week and a half. If it arrives on Friday, that will be awesome. I know it's not likely, but one can hope. :)

Mine came on two pallets. I have one of the cosco dollies from Costco that you can use as a cart and it worked great for moving the 1250 from pallet to dolly and then wheeling to the patio.

I ordered on a Thursday and received the grill the next Tuesday I believe, came pretty quick in the Austin area and was actually delivered by an 18 wheeler.

I was considering doing the same. The warehouse it is headed to is about an hour from me, but at this point I'm not sure it will arrive even there in time for me to pick up before the weekend. I received a shipping text from Estes this morning that says "Earliest delivery Nov 1-5". If I can pick it up at the warehouse tomorrow, I may do that. Otherwise, I'll wait for them.
Mine said some crazy earliest date as well, then they called and brought out the next day. Wishing you luck from the Estes gods!

Made it to Dallas just a little while ago. Unfortunately, that means it will not make it to the hub close to me in time to pick it up before they close at 6:00 today. However, it does mean it should get to my house by Monday or Tuesday at the absolute latest...hoping for Monday since Tuesday is my birthday and I'll be busy that evening.

The status updated to "Awaiting Delivery - Freight Given to Final Delivery Agent" a little over an hour ago. Anyone remember how long your shipment was in this status before being delivered?

I called the Estes terminal and they said that it usually take 24-48 hours for the delivery agent to call to schedule delivery. Since tomorrow is my birthday and it's supposed to rain on Wednesday / Thursday, I'm probably not going to have it delivered until Friday. It's gonna be a long week! :(

I feel your pain. I ordered mine on October 15th. It’s supposed to be here tomorrow. I just hope it’s not damaged!
Where is “here”? I just ordered on Oct 26, it shipped on Oct 27, made it to the hub for our area very late Friday night. The first 1,000 miles went very quickly. The last 40 not so much. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back