Weekend Brisket Cook

Dr.Floyd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Did an overnight bisket cook. It was 13lb packer. Started at 9pm at 200 degrees, wrapped at 8am and bumped up to 275 degrees. Came out really good except my peach paper stuck on the bottom. First time I've had a problem with the paper sticking. Do you think it was due to increasing the temp to 275 degrees? I usually only bump it up to 225 degrees after wrapping but I was pressed for time.
Screenshot_20230122_140328_Gallery.jpg

Did an overnight bisket cook. It was 13lb packer. Started at 9pm at 200 degrees, wrapped at 8am and bumped up to 275 degrees. Came out really good except my peach paper stuck on the bottom. First time I've had a problem with the paper sticking. Do you think it was due to increasing the temp to 275 degrees? I usually only bump it up to 225 degrees after wrapping but I was pressed for time.View attachment 18489
I’m not sure that just bumping to 275F was the cause for the paper sticking, but it might be a good time (next cook) to try the beef tallow thing on the butcher paper that folks have been talking about recently.

Looks great Doc
Nice Smoke Ring and Bark
As Jim said; we put the Tallow on the Paper, then set the Brisket in that "Bath" then coat the Brisket with even more Tallow
We run our first 8+/- hours on "LO"(180)
Then Wrap with the Tallow and bump the Temp up to 270 'till she's done
But yeah, we'll get a "stuck spot" once in awhile

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back