Bullseye Water got in

I'm almost certain that the water got in when I was cleaning the lid.
It had some stains on it and I tried several different cleaners on the lid and around the vents and had used the hose to rinse them off many times.

The day after I got it going I forgot left it uncovered and hours later we had a heavy downpour. I was at work and was fearing the worst when I got home later.

I was so relieved that nothing had happened to it and everything was totally dry.

WooHoo!!!! I finally got the grill working again. It feels great, and I think I have used it everyday since it's been fixed.

If you ever have this happen don't pry on the auger from inside the hopper. I ended up "stretching" the auger a couple inches. You can see what it looks like compared to a new one..

View attachment 12728
That’s wild. Ya, definitely don’t pry or pull- do whatever you can to get a drill around it and rotate it out of the mess. Worked for me!

Have any of you had water get in your pellet grill before?

I just noticed that some must have got in and they have set up like concrete in the auger. I wonder if I should get them wet again to soften them up and flush them out of there.

I'm glad I noticed it before I tried to start it. It did give a reason to fire up the kettle again...it's been really lonely since I got the Bullseye.
I once mistakenly used water to extinguish a flare up. This happened to me, I finally used a hammerdrill to extract the auger. MY BAD!! But recently I turned the grill onn and NOPE!! Auger jammed again! With the cover on!! I've left it alone since then, used the old Weber. I suppose one day soon I'll decide to once again tackle the Auger, but I'm going to wait until I'm no longer pissed about it.

Has anyone tried to burn out the "concrete"? ...like with a torch from the fire pot end? Are there parts that this could damage?

I've burned out by cleaning out what I can, setting the grill to full - start a handful of pellets - once they get going good - fill the cup all the way. It allows a burn back through the pellet feed/auger. It worked for me, I've only had to do it once. Nothing got hurt - I took everything out, just looked like a burner for a hot air balloon for a good while. Good Luck!

Edit: 1070 feeds from the front, so the jam was probably not as bad as some with 590s have experienced.

Last edited:
Same boat. I was able to move the auger forward a little bit and now I cant get it to move back.

So disappointed in this grill. The only reason its jammed is because its been broken since 6 months after I bought it and RT hasnt really done anything to help me. It sat for so long, I guess humidity got in the pellets. So now I get to figure this out and then figure out the OTHER problem with the unit.

So over RT. I wont ever buy anything else from them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back