Wash bin for stainless grates

mnbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I'm looking for a wash bin that will fit the stainless grates from the Bull - they measure 17"x20" - I've had limited luck and what I ordered from Amazon that said it was 18" wide was actually only 16.5" - am I the only person that wants to be able to soak the grates to clean them easier? What do people use?

Thanks In Advance

i just use a water hose and dish soap. but your cheapest option to soak them would probably be a plastic storage tote like you may use for christmas decorations. also if the wife is not home i supposed the bathtub is an option

I'm looking for a wash bin that will fit the stainless grates from the Bull - they measure 17"x20" - I've had limited luck and what I ordered from Amazon that said it was 18" wide was actually only 16.5" - am I the only person that wants to be able to soak the grates to clean them easier? What do people use?

Thanks In Advance
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Creative-P...x-28-in-L-x-6-in-D-Drywall-Mud-Pan/1000608719

I got this thanks to @OceanSailor. The Bull stock grates fit nicely in them for soaking. Cleaned the GrillGrates ordered with the Bull in it, also.

plumberguy thats a great suggestion! i will check those out my self. i use totes kinda like that for grinding meat into and keep them in the car to put muddy shoes in and i even use them to organize the freezer. thats a cheaper option

I have a large tote that I picked up from Costco some time ago. It fits the grill grates in there perfectly and allows me to deep clean them once a year... or when I get attacked by mice!

I have a large tote that I picked up from Costco some time ago. It fits the grill grates in there perfectly and allows me to deep clean them once a year... or when I get attacked by mice!
Just curious what solution you use for soaking? Thanks.

Thanks In Advance

Martha Stewart method is trash bag and a cup of ammonia.
I use black trash bag, add ammonia, seal bag with a knot and lay in sun.

I scrap off the grills before I remove the foil from the drip pan then I put the grills in the dishwasher on heavy wash and high heat. They look new when they're finished.

INTERESTING
I guess I'm a wipe and burn cleaner.
Just pulled an assortment of grates from my grills and put them in dish washer on HD setting just for a test.

Thanks In Advance
I have had luck using an driveway oil drip pan. Place the rates in the pan and add some Simple Green.

I use PBW (powdered brewery wash). It's a powder mixed with water. The pan allows the grates to lay flat so I don't have to mix too much. Soaked the grates for a few hours and then just rinse and wipe dry. They look like new.
Got some of that "BPW" and one of those flat "under bed" plastic storage containers last week
This stuff did a great job on both; the Gas Grill Grates and the Smoker Grates, plus the Center Shelf
I think that Storage Container is large enough to fit the Drip Pan too !
But that's a project for another weekend !

I just put them on the bottom rack of the dishwasher and run them through the pots and pans cycle. Come out very clean.

These are some great ideas but I thought the Bull grates were supposed to be 18 x 19.5 (although I haven't actually measured them)? Another place to look for a shallow tub might be a restaurant supply store.

These are some great ideas but I thought the Bull grates were supposed to be 18 x 19.5 (although I haven't actually measured them)? Another place to look for a shallow tub might be a restaurant supply store.

Mixing tubs at home Depot and Lowes work great. Cheap too.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Medium-..._-rv_nav_plp_rr-_-NA-_-301943161-_-N&#overlay

I normally put then in and mix water and dawn and let them soak overnight.
Yeah, I can't imagine finding an option much cheaper than the mixing tub @Plumberguy mentioned in post #3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back