Waiting for delivery!

Big rick

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
It’s been sixteen days since I ordered my new bull. It seems that it has been sitting at the UPS hub in Atlanta for about a week without any movement. REC TEX checked with UPS and I guess between the Covid 19 and the Protests back there the shipping system has seen much better times! They tell me it at least departed Atlanta on its way to the beautiful Washington State coast. Nothing to do but wait and hope it gets here intact!

Congrats on the new purchase @Big rick. The wait is certainly the hardest part, no matter the reason, but I'm sure you're going to love your new Rec Tec Bull once you get it!

It's addictive. Congrats, you'll love it

It must be nice having a bull to cook up some goodies! ? you don’t suppose having checked the UPS tracking system over a hundred times would be considered excessive would you!

Sure hope not or I would be guilty. I did the same thing until mine arrived. It will all be worth it soon for you.

Lol checked my tracking number a couple times a day too. The driver for UPS freight told me he is delivering a rec tec almost every day and most are the 700 model. I found that interesting because I’m in a country suburb of Dayton Ohio, not a real big city.

Lol checked my tracking number a couple times a day too. The driver for UPS freight told me he is delivering a rec tec almost every day and most are the 700 model. I found that interesting because I’m in a country suburb of Dayton Ohio, not a real big city.
Hi, my New 700 made it a little further! UPS reports that it just departed South Holland, IL. Probably be lucky if the wheels stay with it thru that lovely village!

Hi, my New 700 made it a little further! UPS reports that it just departed South Holland, IL. Probably be lucky if the wheels stay with it thru that lovely village!
I’m sure it will be fine, Mine came on a new skid with the box strapped to that. It looked spotless and unmarked. I had one small ding in the bottom of the cooking chamber from maybe when it was loaded up when packaged or maybe from something packed inside and got bounced around. But its not really worth mentioning cause after a couple cooks and the stainless is not mirror like inside I couldnt even tell you where that ding is now lol...

I sure hope so! Just getting impatient I guess! After all it’s only been 17 days now and it’s still 1200 miles away.

Now 18 days and my new bull is still in the hands of UPS. Wow! Must be taking the scenic route!

Oh boy! I just got another email notice from UPS saying another “exception had occurred that could delay my shipment” this is becoming ridiculous!

Oh boy! I just got another email notice from UPS saying another “exception had occurred that could delay my shipment” this is becoming ridiculous!
Sounds discouraging but It took mine about a week to get to where they moved it from tractor-trailer to local delivery and then approximately five days after that before it was sent out to deliver.
I live only about three hours away from Atlanta.
Hang in there because the wait is definitely worth it… Never had a pellet grill before and love this RT 700!

Thanks, trying not to be discouraged, I’m sure it will be a nice unit if it ever gets delivered. The other bummer is that since I bought mine with the comp cart they dropped the cart price 200.00 I paid the full 400.00 and still don’t have it!

Come on UPS! How can it take over Three weeks to move a package to Washington State? Still waiting!

I have contacted RT, the problem is with UPS. I’m totally satisfied with everything I’ve done with RecTec the company and its people. Quality people! Quality company! The only drawback is the UPS one! Seriously, RecTec is great!!!

Now 22 days held by UPS. The train it’s on made it to Seattle, WA. Yippee!! Now to move it an hour North, expected to be another 6 days

My RT 700 is being shipped to California. Made it from Georgia to Lathrop, CA (about 25 minutes away) in 5 days. It was supposed to be delivered today between Noon and 5:00 p.m. Just before 5:00 I called UPS Freight because it hadn’t and was told “oh yeah, it didn’t go out today”. That would have been nice to know. Wasted a day. Supposed to come tomorrow. We’ll see.

It will have taken UPS almost as long to get it 25 miles as it took to get from Georgia to California.

I agree with you that Rec Tec does all they can to help.

UPS called me and followed up with an email today! They plan to deliver my RT 700 and stuff tomorrow between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. I’m retired and home to receive it so things are looking up here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I’m sure hoping for it to be undamaged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back