Volume 1 Rec-Tec cookbook

rgaddy67

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Volume 1 of the Rec-Tec cookbooks are sold out and the reply to the e-mail I sent them is that they may NOT be re-stocked? Does anyone have a copy they would consider selling? I know the recipes are on the app, but I'm old school and like things in hardcopy.

Is there any real difference between what is on the app and what is in the book?

Rec Tec recipes on the app are ok but I have found lots of other recipes out there that were better, some posted by end users of these grills and many on the other pellet grill manufactures sites. o_O

Last edited:
Rec Tec recipes on the app are ok but I have found lots of other recipes out there that were better, some posted by end users of these grills and many on the other pellet grill manufactures sites. o_O

I have found some Traeger and Camp Chef recipes that were really helpful. I try to follow the RecTec ones, but there just aren't as many... I find it difficult to buy a recipe book when most are supplying the information for free and wanted to know the difference between what was on the app vs the book.

To be honest, I'm surprised that recipe books are really still a thing when so many videos and free recipes are available these days...

I bought Aaron Franklins book, because it was more story than recipe, but haven't finished it yet...

I have found some Traeger and Camp Chef recipes that were really helpful. I try to follow the RecTec ones, but there just aren't as many... I find it difficult to buy a recipe book when most are supplying the information for free.
I wasn't going to mention names but those are the same places I go for recipes along with Hey Grill.

I wasn't going to mention names but those are the same places I go for recipes along with Hey Grill.

I'll check out Hey Grill - thanks for the reference...

I typically am ok with naming names if I'm not disparaging anything about a different brand... If you think I was, not my intention and apologies to the RT family!

Between here, Smokingmeat and Amazingribs, you can't go wrong with recipes, tips and tricks.

Just my overly inflated 2 cents......

I have found some Traeger and Camp Chef recipes that were really helpful. I try to follow the RecTec ones, but there just aren't as many... I find it difficult to buy a recipe book when most are supplying the information for free and wanted to know the difference between what was on the app vs the book.

To be honest, I'm surprised that recipe books are really still a thing when so many videos and free recipes are available these days...

I bought Aaron Franklins book, because it was more story than recipe, but haven't finished it yet...

I agree. That traeger app and FB group have killer recipies. I shig from there on the reg.

You have to check out BBQ Pit Boys. They have great recipes. I haven’t found one yet that was trash can worthy

The best I’ve read is Aaron Franklins book
Great incite on the whole cooking process.i cook
With an offset smoker as well as a pellet grill Among my 8 other BBQ’s

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back