1 red onion chopped
dollop of garlicmix con
1 chopped red bell pepper
shot of Worcestershire
1 cup of milk
salt
1 can of hot rotel
1 lbs of bacon

Mix these together and form into a loaf to put on the grill at 200 for 1.5 hrs. I covered the loaf with two coats of the bacon strips before putting on the grill. I used a piece of tinfoil to keep from falling thru the grates and removed the foil after the 1st hour. After 1.5 hours I coated the loaf with 1/2 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of brown sugar and sprinkled with cayenne powder before turning the RT up to 350 for the last hour. My wife isn't a huge venison lover when I'm honest about what shes eating, but said shed definitely eat this again. I hope you can have fun with this and share the twerks and adjustments you make to make this "Your Own" .

Couldn't figure out how to edit. Should say dollop of garlic from a squeeze bottle we had handy.

That sounds great. I’ve got about ten pounds of ground venison left. I’m going to give this one a try but I think I will add about 3/4 pound of ground Italian sausage with it. I’ve made meat balls like that and they were great.

Let me know how it turns out! I just did a 4lbs batch this morning and used 8 jalapenos instead of a bell. I made 4 separate loafs and put each in a gallon zip lock to store. I'll eat two this week and my son will take two and eat this week also. Not sure how'd they would freeze but they usually disappear quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back