Vacuum Sealers

I’m in the process of researching mid-sized upright freezers (10-12 cu ft) right now. Need one that is “garage ready.” Any thoughts?
Frigidaire garage ready. I have ~20cu ft but your size is about $600 at Lowes. There's lots of cheaper brands out there but I haven't heard their name often enough to trust them packed with meat. If it was a beverage fridge you were after, I might chance the new/off brands and buy a warranty.
If you're not in a hurry, look for gift card deals usually through one of your credit cards. You can accumulate a stack of gift cards (ie., Lowes) that you bought for 10% off, then wait for a holiday sale or rebate to help lower it even further.

I ended up with a Frigidaire garage ready upright from Lowe’s for around $600 as well. Like it so far. But, I had to disconnect the door ajar alarm because it wouldn’t turn off. I keep a temperature gauge that reports to my iPad via Bluetoot. An alarm wiil sound if the temp gets too high. The freezer has performed well for the 3 or 4 months that I have owned it.

Well I was at the National gun show in LV and picked up a great deal on a VacMaster VP-215...Chamber unit... It is just Great..Will keep things longer that you want.. SV all of the time...

We killed quite a few foodsavers when we were competing. All that practice meat was saved that way and given away. I like the older simple models with a seal button and a vac/seal button. No roll storage, no cutter, never used the canisters that come with some. They are simple contraptions. I've fixed a few older models from good will by replacing just the tubing. And I've had a Midea upright frostfree fridge/freezer in my garage in AZ for 3 summers with no issues and a Frigidaire cheapo for close to 10.

I bought a Potane vacuum sealer several years ago off Amazon and have been through a number of aftermarket rolls with it. Absolutely no problems and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back