Bull Ut-Oh...smoker handle wont go in?

EdRo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Has anyone ran into this problem? I can't get the smokebox handle to insert all the way. It'll go in about 2/3rds of the way, then bind up...
I can't force it in any more. I tried cleaning the hole out with a round file, but no luck. I may have to dream out the hole with a half-inch drill bit, but of course that bit has disappeared from my set...
15934534360103054325196459647078.jpg

Has anyone ran into this problem? I can't get the smokebox handle to insert all the way. It'll go in about 2/3rds of the way, then bind up...
I can't force it in any more. I tried cleaning the hole out with a round file, but no luck. I may have to dream out the hole with a half-inch drill bit, but of course that bit has disappeared from my set...View attachment 5190
I didn't have that problem with my smoke box but would recommend to contact Rec Tec to see what they have to say

Thanks MT. I called RecTec. A customer service guy asked me to send a couple pics, and after he saw them called me back to verify my shipping address. What a great company! They're sending me a new door.

Thanks MT. I called RecTec. A customer service guy asked me to send a couple pics, and after he saw them called me back to verify my shipping address. What a great company! They're sending me a new door.
Rec Tec Customer support is the best, If you call them and hang up expect a call back pretty soon, what company does this in todays world. (y) (y)(y)

REC TEC sure has a lot of really happy customers it would seem. Sure glad I ordered my 700.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back