Updated app

Scottwig

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I just finished cooking a turkey breast roast on my 590 with the newest version of the app, on both my phone (Android) and iPad and they worked flawlessly. The phone even relays notifications to my Garmin watch, which is cool.

Good to hear...testing this weekend.

I just finished cooking a turkey breast roast on my 590 with the newest version of the app, on both my phone (Android) and iPad and they worked flawlessly. The phone even relays notifications to my Garmin watch, which is cool.
I just got the update today as well. I'm looking forward to trying it on my next cook.

Pretty slick update. Kicked it on remotely and almost immediately after my watched popped up a notification that the grill was preheating. My jaw dropped. Approx 20 or so minutes later another notification came on to let me know the grill hit the target temp. Bravo RT?

Running the new app (Android) with my RT-700. Worked great. Like was said above, it sent the alerts to my Garmin watch as well. It may have sent TOO many alerts.

I still wish they gave you the option to turn the grill range on or off and to set the temperature spreads. I know my grill is warming up and pretty much know how long it takes to do so, I don't need to be notified to death about it. After it up to temp then yes I would like to be notified about temperature changes but would like to set my own grill range temperature spread. I'm probably just going to turn the alerts off until the grill is up to temperature.

Now that the alarms are working, is anyone using fun notification sounds? I made one from that Progressive commercial where the character says, "I got the meat sweats!" The other one I was thinking was the Arby's "We've got the meats!"

I love the new app. I am now getting notifications when my grill is close to temp and once it hits temp. Certainly a worthy upgrade.

Yep, finally got a break in weather to check it out. Alarms work as they should. I did have a problem initially with the graph. I kept getting a "unit too large" error, as the units were set to seconds. I couldn't seem to change them for about 5 min even after rebooting the app. Then all of a sudden it seemed to correct its self. Working great now. Yay

Thank you Rec Tec for an incredible alarm update! I came across it 2am Friday while smoking a 15 lb brisket. I stayed up to monitor the smoke and the alarm update (just in case). Both exceeded my expectations. Well done.

Hey gang, updated the app and cooked some bacon and it worked perfectly! I then lowered the temp to 250 to cook a London broil with a prob inserted. started having major temp swings, from 250-295 real quick too, almost seem to be a glitch issue. kept doing it over and over. once meat got to 110 i pulled it and cranked it up to full with the sear plated to finish it off. turned out great BUT I never had that problem with such swings in temp until I updated the app.
Anyone else experience that? I see that my phone had a new update version 1.6.2 today so maybe that will take car of it??
Other than that issue the update has been wonderful!!

Hey gang, updated the app and cooked some bacon and it worked perfectly! I then lowered the temp to 250 to cook a London broil with a prob inserted. started having major temp swings, from 250-295 real quick too, almost seem to be a glitch issue. kept doing it over and over. once meat got to 110 i pulled it and cranked it up to full with the sear plated to finish it off. turned out great BUT I never had that problem with such swings in temp until I updated the app.
Anyone else experience that? I see that my phone had a new update version 1.6.2 today so maybe that will take car of it??
Other than that issue the update has been wonderful!!
Once you open the lid you will get temperature swings and if left alone they will settle down

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back