Stampede Unplugging my 590

garmp

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. RT-300
Is it safe to unplug my 2590 after cooking. Will my wifi & bluetooth be lost and have to be re-entered? I'm guessing the the wifi data will be retained and the connections will probably have to be re-initiated by holding the button until rapid flashing light. Is this correct. You don't leave it plugged in all the time do you?

I leave my 590 plugged in. No problems in over two years now. I don't recall any difficulties the few times. I have unplugged it while washing down the covered patio that it sits in.

I leave my 590 plugged in. No problems in over two years now. I don't recall any difficulties the few times. I have unplugged it while washing down the covered patio that it sits in.
I unplug mine. No disruption with the Wifi when I plug her back in. Don't want to chance it starting up on its own for some reason.

I have a 700 and unplug it after each use (to put it into the garage for storage/out of the elements). I, like many others have had problems with previous revisions of the App, the wifi in particular.

However, I don't think/believe that I've ever had problems with settings or connectivity due to unplugging/plugging power from/to it.

Presently the version of the App (Version 3.3.4, Build 1313) that I'm using appears to be solid and I haven't had any connectivity problems. I've been running it since it was released (4 or 5 months ago (?)) and I've had zero issues.

Last edited:
Unplugging is (IMO) a great idea with grills that that can be turned on remotely (recteq). Especially with a grill that you have a cover on. Initially I thought this was a great feature (remote turn on), but now the consequents of a ‘butt dial’ to turn the grill on with a cover on is unsettling to me. I have another brand pellet grill and a Joule convection oven that have remote apps, but neither will allow the user to turn on the device remotely.

I always unplug since I read at least one account here of the smoker self starting in the middle of the night. Never had trouble with WiFi reconnecting.

Always unplug my 340. :rolleyes:

I don’t trust the app to not turn it on when I’m not looking.

I'm with you. My 700 always gets unplugged. The exception is if I'm planning to use it the next day and I'm not putting the cover on it. I'd hate to envision what it would look like if it fired up to high temp with the cover on it. :cry:

I unplug when not in use. A fireman buddy said many fires are caused by heating device malfunctions that are left plugged in when not on use. Plus, some of the electronics will always be on 24/7 which may reduce their lifespan. Unplugging it will NOT lose any of the wifi configurations and will come right back up when plugged back in.

I use these on many of my heating devices (toaster oven, space heater, coffee maker, etc...) so I don't have to unplug them.

51-nMSfU7sL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Those are cool - EXCEPT, I have a 6-banger plugin on the coffee bar and I still run out of space.
Actually I have them in 3 spots in the kitchen, the place looks like a Ron Popeil (As Seen on TV) showroom.

Unplug away!. You don't have to reboot, as it should signal a steady red light when you replug. I have had to reboot only a couple of times in the past year. Don't know why, but now easy with the new control and dual frequency. Just keep the password to your WIFI network handy.

Can't add anything other than my wife lives in constant fear of the house burning down, so even though my 700 in just out on the concrete patio, I unplug after every shutdown. The only time I had an issue it turned out that my router needed a reboot. Then it linked right up.

My 340 sits in the middle of my 900 sq ft shop with 10' ceilings.
Not worried about any unwanted remote starts.

My F150 can start remote via app. Not worried about it driving off unattended either LOL

My 340 sits in the middle of my 900 sq ft shop with 10' ceilings.
Not worried about any unwanted remote starts.

My F150 can start remote via app. Not worried about it driving off unattended either LOL
Yeah, but can your F150 shift itself into gear without someone in the vehicle physically moving the shift lever 🤷‍♂️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back