Unable to get RT-590 to heat up

Sherkaun

Added hand full of pellets to the cup. Reassembled and started the grill at 400. I hear what appears to be the auger start and stop at 3-4 second intervals. I then get an error ER2 IGF. I take the grill a apart and the cup is congested. I clear them out noting some burned pellets. I now put some pellets in the bottom. The grill is incredibly quite with the pellet feeder the only thing making noise. What am I doing wrong?

Have you enabled test mode and turned the igniter "IGN" on to see if it gets hot as in the manual?
Even if the igniter is bad, you can still use the grill by lighting the pellets with a torch to get them started.

Have you enabled test mode and turned the igniter "IGN" on to see if it gets hot as in the manual?
Even if the igniter is bad, you can still use the grill by lighting the pellets with a torch to get them started.
Put it in this mode and noted an orangish glow, but that's about it. Put it in FAN mode and noted a very quiet sound just not sure if that is a fan or not.

Put it in this mode and noted an orangish glow, but that's about it. Put it in FAN mode and noted a very quiet sound just not sure if that is a fan or not.
The fan should be pretty loud and can be heard 20 feet away from the grill.

👆.. Yes.. fan is pretty stout and can be heard much further than 10 ft away. Time to contact support if all is plugged in correctly. Recheck your harness first.

👆.. Yes.. fan is pretty stout and can be heard much further than 10 ft away. Time to contact support if all is plugged in correctly. Recheck your harness first.
Harness is enclosed, visually(thru the bottom) it looks okay, however opening the compartment, I'm sure would void any warranty.

I'll give them a call this morning. Testing customer service a little early in this relationship but I will give it go to see if it holds up.

Well that was fast. Turn on grill use probe to bump fan and bingo fan started. I was on the call about 3 minutes. I send an update soon. Apparently a one time action. Update-I'm up to 400! Thanks-All for the Guidance.

Good stuff!!

I think he used something to bump the fan blades. Motor shaft probably tight in the bushings and after this run will probably be problem free. If not then it's time to call back and maybe get a new fan on the way. The mechanicals in these aren't rocket science.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back